Auto RX in transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently cleaning my transmission with Auto RX. The directions say to put in 6oz, drive 1,000 mi, completely change the fluid, and you're done.
Yet for the motor application the directions are to drive 1,500 mi then rinse for 2,000-3,000 mi with a non synthetic oil and you're done.
Does anybody know why engines require a rinse phase with non synthetic oil, but a transmission does not? There is no mention of using a non synthetic ATF or a rinse phase.
patriot.gif

White Fang,

It would mostly likely be due to the fact that transmissions do not handle combustion by-products like engines do. The first application should be sufficient to get all the gunk out of the tranny.

Dan

Dan is on right track.For transmissions go to www.auto-rx.net and you will get complete facts on why 6 ounces only and no rinse or second treatment.Transmission fluid is a base hydraulic oil with an ISO of 68 than what ever additive package manufacture wants to put in.

Frank normaly recomends the T-Tec transmission flush after Auto-Rx treatment of the transmission.

You will not belive the stuff that comes out of your trans when finished with Auto-Rx. Auto-Rx worked much better in my trans then it did in my engine!

I have about 600 mi to go before flush. I have been having some tranny shifting problems so I will probably have the dealer do the flush. The car is still under warranty. I am looking forward to seeing an improvement. I bought a 2nd bottle and put that in the engine. I wonder what is going to come out there. The Mazda has about 31,000 miles on it.
smile.gif

When you drain transmission there is no need for any additive to be added to new transmission fluid so don't let dealer go there. Do make sure dealer drained torque converter.
Follow application instructions for your engine
on www.auto-rx.com and you will be pleased.
Company's web sites are best place to get accurate application instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back