Auto-Rx in a V-Twin Hawg

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just recently purchased a scooter with an S&S 96 c.i. stroker motor. It has 5k miles, 1998 vintage. I get the idea that this motor does give the oil a workout, and I want to change from the standard HD oil to synthetic (AMSoil).

Would an Auto-Rx treatment be OK for this motor? Would it even be necessary? BTW, the K&N air filter on it has been run dry for about 2500 miles.
gr_eek2.gif

3 quart oil tank. I guess my concern is the fact that it is a dry sump system, and the extra heat from an air cooled motor.

You'll need to confirm with Frank, but I guess 8 oz. is what you would need to use....Maybe Frank would say dump the whole 12 oz. in. I too would be concerned with an air cooled motor and petro oil.

2 Ounces of Auto-Rx to each quart of oil. Add new filter. Drive 750 miles and change oil and filter then go to synthetic. Please post your results.

Amsoil is a purge flush. Auto-Rx is not a flush and has been used by several Amsoil dealers with good results to safely clean engines, before adding Amsoil.Would not expect a company who sells a great oil to endorse a solvent flush for bikes, even with there name on it. Auto-Rx has had same benefits for motorcycles as car engines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back