AUTO EXTRA 618-57045 CUT OPEN

Here is a Auto Extra off a 22’ Jeep Grand Wagoneer with 3.0 engine. Made July 21, 2021 also. Oddly it’s made in USA instead of Mexico. Was on for 9k as I did first oil change at 8,200 miles.

In: Safety Kleen Synthetic 0w20 DEX 1 gen 3 oil and Another Auto Extra made same day 618-57045. Almost 20k on vehicle also.

These engines must be either a. Tough on oil or B. Fuel dilutes. “Stuff” in can is……

Attachments

• IMG_7870.jpeg
    IMG_7870.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_7871.jpeg
    IMG_7871.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_7873.jpeg
    IMG_7873.jpeg
    132.2 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_7874.jpeg
    IMG_7874.jpeg
    107.1 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7876.jpeg
    IMG_7876.jpeg
    203.8 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_7878.jpeg
    IMG_7878.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_7880.jpeg
    IMG_7880.jpeg
    110.5 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_7879.jpeg
    IMG_7879.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_7882.jpeg
    IMG_7882.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_7881.jpeg
    IMG_7881.jpeg
    99.3 KB · Views: 59
53' Stude - Thank you for the C & P's today. I've been watching for them. Great pictures. Thank you again. Irishman

I made a post about the TT 3.0 hurricane and how the same engine specs both 0w-20 and 0w-40 depending on the output as some things change but the engine is mostly the same. The HO gets 0w-40 but the SO get 0w-20, I couldn't see myself using 0w-20 in a strong twin turbo engine long term. I know there are very good euro 20 formulations but this is just standard PCMO 0w-20 which i don't think is sufficient long term.

Last edited:
I made a post about the TT 3.0 hurricane and how the same engine specs both 0w-20 depending on the output as some things change but the engine is mostly the same. The HO gets 0w-40 but the SO get 0w-20, I couldn't see myself using 0w-20 in a strong twin turbo engine long term.

I’ll agree with you on that 110%

I made a post about the TT 3.0 hurricane and how the same engine specs both 0w-20 and 0w-40 depending on the output as some things change but the engine is mostly the same. The HO gets 0w-40 but the SO get 0w-20, I couldn't see myself using 0w-20 in a strong twin turbo engine long term. I know there are very good euro 20 formulations but this is just standard PCMO 0w-20 which i don't think is sufficient long term.

Apparently the 0W-40 isn't for the turbos since both are TT engines. Must be for the added power going through the rod and crank bearings, which is where you want as much MOFT as possible as the power level goes up.

At 9k miles, looks pretty good. Especially so on this tier filter. Like the coo. I'd say it's an M&H filter with Wix type construction.

Thanks for c&p.
Pretty weird this can also has a Fram style stamped and formed metal center tube added to the mix, its a Frankenstein of a filter.

Media held up fairly well, a little waviness isn't harmful. I've seen worse wavy pleats and somtimes bunched up media on heavily sludge fowled up filters. Thanks for showing these autopsies.

Pretty weird this can also has a Fram style stamped and formed metal center tube added to the mix, its a Frankenstein of a filter.

Media held up fairly well, a little waviness isn't harmful. I've seen worse wavy pleats and somtimes bunched up media on heavily sludge fowled up filters. Thanks for showing these autopsies.
Wix used the same metal center tube for years.

Pretty weird this can also has a Fram style stamped and formed metal center tube added to the mix...
If by "Fram style" you mean, metal tube with holes (not louvers), before M&H purchased Wix, that's all they used. Add end cap design, ribbed back adbv with spacer used with dome bypass on Wix lower tier filters like topic and coil compression spring, classic Wix type design. Don't see manufacture date of the made for AE, but could be an older one. For 9k miles, I'd say it got the job done.

If by "Fram style" you mean, metal tube with holes (not louvers), before M&H purchased Wix, that's all they used. Add end cap design, ribbed back adbv with spacer used with dome bypass on Wix lower tier filters like topic and coil compression spring, classic Wix type design. Don't see manufacture date of the made for AE, but could be an older one. For 9k miles, I'd say it got the job done.
I agree 110% sir

Back