Audi urgent help - no crank after transmission reset

2012 Audi S4

My brother did a transmission re-set process and after that car is not starting. Everything was working fine before. The reason he did the transmission reset is because he was having issues with the shift. Now No start or crank.

Any help I can give him from you guys we’ll be great and ty.

How did he do this reset? If it was just a simple clutch adaptation then try to do it again. Otherwise it's likely going to be a trip to the dealer for a software update and hopefully not a mechatronics unit.

Only thing he did was this:

Audi Transmission ECU Adaption Reset Procedure
  1. Press the gas pedal all the way to the floor.
  2. Turn on ignition but do not start the engine. If your car has Start/Stop press the gas pedal but not press the brake pedal. Only press the START button.
  3. Keep the gas pedal pressed for at least 15 seconds.
  4. Turn off the ignition. Release the gas pedal. Wait a couple of minutes and restart the engine.

After that No start or crank

2012 Audi S4

My brother did a transmission re-set process and after that car is not starting. Everything was working fine before. The reason he did the transmission reset is because he was having issues with the shift. Now No start or crank.

Any help I can give him from you guys we’ll be great and ty.
Does the vehicle power on?

That should not have caused a no start. If there are any codes, pull them and see what they say and point to. Then clear them and try to restart.

Back