Audi E-Tron Technik

Originally Posted by Quattro Pete
Originally Posted by OVERKILL
Definitely a compatibility issue between your phone and UConnect IMHO, as our iphones always show up properly.
Yup. I just upgraded my phone to Android 11. I'll see if it made any difference, although I'm not holding my breath as this seems to be a known issue for others as well...

https://support.google.com/androidauto/thread/4504590?hl=en

Perhaps one of the unintended (or intended...) consequences of apple's closed ecosystem, it's probably a lot easier for them to ensure compatibility.

Perhaps one of the unintended (or intended...) consequences of apple's closed ecosystem, it's probably a lot easier for them to ensure compatibility.

Possible.

Also, because it's a bit random, maybe it's a cable issue? Some of these USB-A to USB-C (PD) cables can be a bit finicky. I'll try a different cable.

Possible.

Also, because it's a bit random, maybe it's a cable issue? Some of these USB-A to USB-C (PD) cables can be a bit finicky. I'll try a different cable.

thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by drtyler
How is the new ride one month later? Very cool car.

Unfortunately, since my wife hated it and we share vehicles regularly, we ended up taking a hit and getting out of it and back into a Grand Cherokee, which we both enjoy driving. Expensive lesson, and now I have a house charge port so I expect eventually we'll have an EV or PHEV that we both like. This was a lesson on extensive test driving for all involved parties, not just the one who got excited.

My wife is hoping for a PHEV or EV version of the Grand Cherokee, I think we may end up liking the Tesla Model Y, but we'll see.

My wife is hoping for a PHEV or EV version of the Grand Cherokee, I think we may end up liking the Tesla Model Y, but we'll see.

Sorry it didn't work out. These EVs ain't cheap.
Tesla has a return policy; I think it is 1,000 miles. I forget...

Agree,

Sorry it didn't work out Overkill. But glad you're back in the saddle with a new Cherokee.

I think it would be fun to be Overkill's neighbor.

I'd get to place bets with the other neighbors on which new car they'll have next month. Like a fantasy football league.

19.gif

Originally Posted by Nick1994
I think it would be fun to be Overkill's neighbor.

I'd get to place bets with the other neighbors on which new car they'll have next month. Like a fantasy football league.

19.gif

Somebody stole that Audi EV...

back into a Grand Cherokee,

Back into the same one you traded in or another brand new one?

Had to FO another one identical to the last. The dealer was wholly unwilling to do a trade-back, even though I contacted them about the possibility, and my willingness to pay a penalty (a significant one) to reverse the deal only a couple of hours after we drove away. This was after my wife conveyed her serious displeasure with the vehicle, so I was hopeful that this would be an option since the time lapsed had been so short. They told me eventually, after numerous exchanges spanning several days, that they were stuck with 20 of them due to COVID and were in no way willing to do a trade back for the Jeep, but would be wiling to do it on another Audi product, but with a very large penalty (like $25K).

My dealership buddy found a buyer for it in Quebec, so that's where it is headed.

Bummer it's going this way. I thought this was a third car. I can't see it as a second/prime vehicle. I'd suspect you might be more willing to keep it had it been the third.

It's a different beast. I guess the moral of the story is that the test drive needs to have a lot more seat time and a pretty thorough employment of the infotainment system.

Originally Posted by JHZR2
Bummer it's going this way. I thought this was a third car. I can't see it as a second/prime vehicle. I'd suspect you might be more willing to keep it had it been the third.

It's a different beast. I guess the moral of the story is that the test drive needs to have a lot more seat time and a pretty thorough employment of the infotainment system.

We only have driveway space at our current residence for two vehicles. As a 3rd? You are right, we would have kept it.

That will change in the future once we find the "right" place in the country, which is where we plan on moving.

Hey Overkill ... I didn't read the whole thread, but wondering if you've determined how much range, charging performance, etc you lose when operating it in the cold Great White North vs summer weather.

Hey Overkill ... I didn't read the whole thread, but wondering if you've determined how much range, charging performance, etc you lose when operating it in the cold Great White North vs summer weather.

I didn't hold onto the vehicle long enough, but I will note that the given range was quite pessimistic, I assume that this is intentional. Even driving it like I drive, the predicted range would increase (your DTE metric) since I was using it in-town and staying off the highway. It would seem that the ~325km range given for the vehicle is realistic at "average" highway speeds, but it goes up if you aren't doing highway driving, kind of the opposite of a gasser where that's where you get the best mileage.

Back