Audi A4 with 23.000 km factory fill

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a friend's A4 1.6 naturally-aspirated engine .
Late 2006 model with 23.000 km on engine and oil .
No make-up oil added and the change was done when the service light came on( after 19 months with factory fill).
Mostly short trips and gentle driving.
It took only a week for this sample to reach USA and get analysed with just ordinary snail mail.
I am impressed.

clip_imagufff.jpg

Wow, 19 months and 23 km with factory fill. This should be interesting. I don't remember seeing a UOA around here with a Iron reading as high as 174 PPM. Kind of surprised the aluminum number is not higher than 32. It sure would be interesting to look into the future and see how long this engine will last.

Audi uses 5W-30 .

Hirev indeed it's something rare that's why i offered to pay for the analysis .

I am worried about those numbers and it is not even my engine, I would cut the OCI in half and send in another sample...Pete

Oh ...that may have implied a negative tone to it. It may very well have been a 50 weight ..or they may indeed count on it for using the maintenance minder over that long a span.

Amsoil used this formulation technique for a very long time.

It is interesting to see what some engines go through on break-in. This reminds me of the two Mini Cooper break-in UOAs not that long ago. Lots of metal.., but I suspect it is perfectly normal.

There must be very significant construction differences between an engine like this and something like a typical super-low-wearing Honda or Toyota engine. These levels of metals could represent hundreds of thousands of miles on a typical low-wearing four-cylinder. Most likely, the engine is designed for it, with bearing clearances and thicknesses that are designed to wear-in significantly early in their lifespan.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
What oil did your friend put back in to the Audi?

a VW 504.00 approved oil in the stealership ( still under warranty).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back