2022 Hyundai Accent, 2200mi, ACDelco 0w20

This is the first analysis for my wife's 2022 Accent. 1.6l dual injected motor, naturally aspirated. This car has about 90% of it's trips under 5 miles. Luckily this is the summer interval so no brutal cold. Factory fill was dumped at 1011 miles and this oil went in. This car gets bi-annual changes (5 month winter/ 7 month summer) due to the short tripping. That's why the mileage is low for the sample.

Oil is ACDelco 0w20 API SP purchased with GM rewards points from the local Chevy dealer. It comes in quart bottles. I have 4 more oil changes ready for this car. OEM oil filter. Wear metals seem pretty low to me for such a new car, I'm happy with that. Not sure what the deal is with the silicon. Air intake and box have never been touched. I'll see if it goes down for the spring oil change.

Attachments

• 1668685690838.jpg
    1668685690838.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 89
The silicone is probably from factory sealers.it should wash out after a few changes. Yep wear metals seem really low for break in.
That’s a lot of moly but a lot of it might not be the from the oil. People seem to like moly around here.

My sons 2014 Kia Rio (1.6 DI motor) has been well documented on here. I have oil loss contained somewhat, but can be an issue. Oils changed every 5K with synthetic. If I had to do it again, I would use a 5W-30, nothing less than a 30 wt. Hopefully, the engines in yours are improved and don't suffer from oil loss over time (piston blow-by.)

I believe this engine is pretty heavily reworked from the previous 1.6 DI motors based on the Hyundai media stuff when they came out. But Who knows really.

Back