Audi 3.2L - 5w40 recommended - going to 0w40?

Hey all,

I know this has been discussed a lot, and usually I interchange between a 0w and a 5w in my vehicles, but my car has the audi 3.2L and it's running 5w40 euro spec (vw 502/505). I picked up some 0w40 castrol 5L jugs for cheap from my local walmart (euro spec) and I wanted to run 0w40 from at least November until maybe next spring. Probably safe to do that given the Canadian winter I'm going to be driving through, but is anyone running 0w40 on this engine full time including hot summers? or going back to 5w40 in hot weather?

Castrol 0W-40 is a great oil - it carries some of the most stringent Euro MFG specs/approvals, including MB 229.5. Use it with confidence.
Thank you.

Given it's cartridge filter style, I'll stick with OEM Mann filters and go with roughly 12k km OCI for now. Though given pandemic and work from home, I doubt I'll do most of that mileage over the season.

Thank you.

Given it's cartridge filter style, I'll stick with OEM Mann filters and go with roughly 12k km OCI for now. Though given pandemic and work from home, I doubt I'll do most of that mileage over the season.
3.2 FSI? Get heaviest XW40 you can find and change every 7.5k km.

Is this the V6 or VR6? You don't say which car.

I guess it doesn't matter. In either case, any 502/505 or 504/507 oil will be fine.

I'd just run an HDEO 5W-40.

Back