Asian coolant compatibility

Which Asian coolants are compatible with Pentofrost A2 (it's blue-green), meaning basically the same except for color? Also need in concentrate form. So far I can't find the A2 locally.

If your local Napa doesn't carry A2, they can get it. Rock Auto also has A2 :)

Peak OET Green from Autozone is available as a concentrate, free shipping over $35

If your local Napa doesn't carry A2, they can get it. Rock Auto also has A2 :)

Peak OET Green from Autozone is available as a concentrate, free shipping over $35

Ford dealers sell Motorcraft Special Green in concentrate form; it's Mazda coolant since Ford used a few Mazda engines in some of their cars and used to own Mazda.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I guess I'll go with the Peak OET, even though Autozone says the Peak is for vehicles requiring blue, and the A2 spec sheet says for vehicles requiring green, but I guess I can ignore that. Possibly a difference in how long it should last, is the A2 not rated for 5 years?

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I guess I'll go with the Peak OET, even though Autozone says the Peak is for vehicles requiring blue, and the A2 spec sheet says for vehicles requiring green, but I guess I can ignore that. Possibly a difference in how long it should last, is the A2 not rated for 5 years?

Not what it says online :unsure:

Good thing the concentrate is online-only :D

A2 is green
A3 is blue

There are MANY kinds of OET. Do not mix that blue with Pentofrost A2. That particular OET is for Asian vehicles that call for "super long life" types of coolants.
OK thanks, discovered all the colors of OET when I went searching, finally found the green kind in concentrate form at the Autozone that is farthest from where I live :)

I've used Pentosin A2 in a Hyundai, a Kia, and a Mazda (A2 concentrate mixed 50/50 with distilled water.) It's more of a blue/green than a true green. I asked Pentosin if it was good for 5 years/150K and they said it was good for whatever the OE recommended. (I assumed they meant that it was as good as the OE fluid.)

Here are the ZEREX Green and Blue Asian 50/50 mix . Look to be the same . Not sure if the RED by ZEREX matches both . Go the ZEREX ( Valvoline ) site for more details .

IMG_9395.JPG
IMG_9396.JPG

Last edited:
Go to VALVOLINE site to find ingredients for comparison . Click on ZEREX Asian Green , BLUE or RED below Product Infomation (PI) sheets .

Back