ARX update

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am on my first oil change after finishing my full ARX treatment. I put in GC (the green stuff). The car is at 4500+ miles and it's almost a quart down. So either ARX helped or the GC is helping, or both. But, unlike what I would have done in the past, I'm simply going to add a quart at the 5000 mile mark or so, and drive another 3000+ miles. Highest OCI on this car ever.

BTW, it's a 93 chevy caprice, 350 TBI, 214k.

Sounds reasonable. A quart in 4500 miles on a GM V8 with over 200000 miles is very reasonable. My money is on the AutoRx doing the ring clean job - I say do a UOA soon, though.

quote:

Originally posted by pajim17057:
1 quart in 3000 or 4500 miles is nothing to worry about.

I agree.
grin.gif

Up to 217k now, on the same GC OCI. I believe I started this OCI around 209k, so I have roughly 8k on the GC. Oil is halfway down the dipstick, indicating about half a quart low. So the total very approximate consumption thus far has been 1-1/2 quarts. When it gets to the bottom of the dipstick, I'm going to change to M1 T&SUV for the summer, which should be a very stout oil. It needs to do battle with my driving style, A/C use and the fact that I removed the oil cooler.

Well I did two cycles, which was recommended for cars over 100k. I think I still need a rear main seal. Actually I bought one but it kinda involves pulling the tranny to access the back of the engine.

Please go to www.auto-rx.com and go to "How To Stop Seal Leak" last step is using non synthetic oil eg Havoline-Chevron Supreme and drive, If seal not torn or ripped you should do well (you already have finished cleaning engine,no more Auto-Rx needed)so why not?

Hi,

This is my first time posting on the site. I just wanted to let everyone know that I have used Auto-rx in a 1992 Marquis that had a rear engine seal leak. This car had 127,000 miles. After the clean and rinse phase it took about 3 weeks for the leak to stop. I have since used it in my Dodge Grand Caravan that has 170,000 miles on it. This van had a seal leak and that has stopped. I see no more oil on the driveway. I do know that it is very important to read and follow the direction precisely. I cannot state enough how important it is to read and follow the directions.

quote:

Originally posted by kevm14:
I don't want to run conventional oil.

Then run synthetic with a maintenance dose of AutoRX. That is what I am doing in my Jeep Grand Cherokee. I ran 2 cycles of AutoRX to stop rear main leak. It took about 5K miles AFTER the last rinse to stop the leak.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back