ARX made my lifters noisy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Personally I wouldn't do any of that, and instead just have the transmission fluid changed and replaced with modern fluid that is appropriate (e.g not Dex/Merc III).

Y'all seemed to to have missed this part of my post.

1. I don't think adding additives to transmission fluid is a good idea.

2. If I did add an additive, it would be something that claims to be for transmissions.

Originally Posted By: sprintman
Ionbeam RX was designed for transmissions. This forum has a search function, use it!

No, it was designed for printing presses. But it does work well in the transmission by all accounts.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
Originally Posted By: sprintman
Ionbeam RX was designed for transmissions. This forum has a search function, use it!

No, it was designed for printing presses. But it does work well in the transmission by all accounts.

greenaccord02 is right arx is an awesome product for the transmission. I did an application except I ran it for 3000 miles instead of 1000 miles, and the trans fluid came out dark, there was also a layer of metallic goo on the bottom of the trans pan, I took that pan off an I put a different one on,I still have the old pan so when I get sometime I will take some pictures and post them. After I changed the fluid it felt like I had a new transmission, and it did run cooler.

I have about 3 ounces of arx that I put in my differential back in December, I had done the Diff application and arx did clean up the gears somewhat, I will be changing this diff fluid in December and hopefully arx will have cleaned more stuff out.

I am also running an ounce of arx in the powersteering, I put this in after a 2nd powersteering application and so far the fluid has stayed brand new looking. The 1st application of arx in the powersteering turned the fluid dark, and the 2nd application had the fluid not coming out quite as dark. With arx in the powersteering I have no whines and it works effortlessly.

I also have a maintenance dose of arx in my other cars Rack and Pinion since a seal leak can be very expensive too fix.

Originally Posted By: ionbeam22

Quote:
Personally I wouldn't do any of that, and instead just have the transmission fluid changed and replaced with modern fluid that is appropriate (e.g not Dex/Merc III).

2. If I did add an additive, it would be something that claims to be for transmissions.

There is selective reading on this site, people read only what they want to read.

Another thing that some people like to disregard, is the fact that even if a product is good, it can always be made better.
This includes oil.
In some cases, adding an after market additive, is good.

But, not always.

ARX is not my favorite additive, but it will do very well in transmissions, differentials and hydraulic systems, and it is better than only oil(with a few exceptions).

Especially if you don't know about the other "additives", that are superior to ARX.

I could list a few, but I choose not to, thinking about Sprintmans blood pressure :)

Originally Posted By: postjeeprcr
Originally Posted By: ionbeam22

Quote:

There is selective reading on this site, people read only what they want to read.

So true. Then there is the handful who knock products they've never tried.

Then I will give you the link to this: http://www.rvs-tec.com/English/index.htm

This is the best one I have tested(I am not done with the Nanovit yet, though).

It makes a difference.
The more worn your application is, the better it is.

It even saved me from purchasing a new diesel pump.

This is the restoring/friction reducing product that is actually working.

I have tested it in several applications.

This is really so much better than ARX, and it also have the ability to restore mechanisms into like-new spec.

I have been testing other products that have simmilar claims, but except Cermax(it is working, but not so well), they are NOT doing anything.

So much better in what way? Please provide data, internet opinions don't interest me, or the majority here. And explain the factual differences between RVS and say Militec 1 or Motor Silk? cheers..s

It is better in increasing performance.
It can actually rebuild extremely worn parts.
I don't have the data you want.

No matter what kind of data I provide, it will not be sufficient, for you.

I have tested Militec1 and MotorSilk.

The biggest difference, is that RVS builds up worn parts, making the application perform like new(or in some cases, even better).

Militec makes the metal surfaces almost 17 times stiffer, and will protect applications from wearing(so much).

Motorsilk claims to build up a self repairing, thin layer of Boron, where the intention is to prevent wear.

I did a UOA(and posted it at BITOG)a couple of years ago, but nothing conclusive could be drawn from it.
From what I felt, performancewise, it was doing something, but only marginally.

With RVS, it builds up a ferrosilicate surface structur on the metal, up to 1,1 mm!!!

What can I say Sprintman, other than try it for yourself!

It fixed my diesel pump, that was worn out.
I have no other explanation, than it is working.

Besides, it added an unexplainable reduction in fuel consumption, of 14%.

This was after adding it to the dieseltank.

I also used it in one diesel engine and one small petrol engine, and unlike ARX, it made a quite big difference, performance wise.

If you want any more data, I suggest that you study the link I provided.

There is a lot more, and better documented tests, than what have been done with Auto-Rx!!

If you understand German, Norwegian, Swedish or Danish, you can also read a lot of user testimonials on their homepages.

Enjoy!

So what does the product do to parts that aren't worn. Does it build on these surfaces too? That would seem to be counter productive. Perhaps these are smart molecules.

We are drifting off the function of comparing products here. ARX is a product that performs a function of cleaning oxidized oil deposits off of working parts. There has never been any claim that ARX re-plates worn surfaces.

But I will add that if you need to run a product to heal worn parts, then it would be better to have the worn parts clean before running the plating chemistry.

With respect to poor ring to cylinder wall sealing, it is best to be sure that the rings are free from coking and not functioning, before looking to replate the cylinder walls.

The RVS builds a structure where there is enough friction.

That way, you have protection where it is most needed, and will prevent wear.

It will also fix poor ring to cylinder wall sealing, unless the rings are broken or have lost the ability to press against the cylinder wall.

RVS will last 62000 miles.

I agree that snake-oils is a PITA.

That is why it is important that when someone here find a product that is working, that they should be able to tell about it.

I see the problem when snake-oil agents appear here, to sell their products.

I have tried so many products that doesn't work or isn't worth the money you pay for it.

This RVS is NOT one of them.

I'll stick with slow gentle cleaning. Getting oil to where it should be is what I'm interested in and RX has been doing that for us for about 7 years if my memory serves me correctly. As an aside my fellow BMW car club members want to know why my engine is so smooth and quiet. My secret.

I don't see any arguement here. Jonny-b is stating good results with a product that can heal scores in cylinder walls or scuffed cam lobes. Auto-Rx is a product that can free up coked up ring packs and restore functionability, or clean up deposit laiden problems in a valve train.

These are two totally different animals. Perhaps the two products run can have a synergistic effect. Not run at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back