Article type threads enabled in UOA Gas & Diesel

wwillson

Staff member
We have enabled Article type threads in Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline and Used Oil Analysis - Diesel. The purpose is so that you can keep a running used oil analysis (UOA) history of your vehicle in one thread. You'll be able to add to and edit your original post as long as you are a member on BITOG. We think it will be beneficial to see the entire UOA history of a vehicle in a single post, instead of a new thread every time you get a new UOA.

We would appreciate if article threads aren't used unless you intend to add to your original post over time. If you are not going to update your thread in the future, then please use the type "discussion" instead of "article".

Help me understand these, I started a couple thinking i would be able to go back and add future UOA's to them, but I don't see an edit function.

Do i edit the original post? or if I reply does it then show up directly under the original post?

If I edit how so is the bottom moved? ( I notice the avatar and so forth shows on the bottom of these vs the side)

We can extend the edit time, send me a PM with a link to the post you want to edit and I will extend the edit time.

I'd love to combine all of mine but do keep running tally graphs etc. in my new posts each time.

Yes I will send the mentioned PM, but i read this like it was automatic. I was thinking of combining them too but going back and retrieving the older ones is a bit of an ordeal.

Im also not entirely certain that folks are going to recognize the new information ... it is a good idea but i can see it going off topic too considering the propensity around here.

I can easily post all of them and my graphs in a single new post for each of my vehicles.

To revisit this (yes i never sent the PM, but expect to have more results soon)...

I might need someone to explain this to me like i'm a 3 year old.

Is the intent that the top post be edited each time or does the "article type" append replies by the OP to the original post, in short - what's the functionality difference/ perceived advantage to enabling it?

Back