Armorall question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After cleaning my engine I was thinking of spraying down all the hoses and plastic with armor all. The overspray will most likely cover everything else that is under the hood also. I was wanting to know pros and cons of this and if anyone else is doing the same thing.

I do it all the time. It won`t hurt a thing. I actually cover th eentire engine bay with Eagle One Nano Wax first,then Armor All,then wipe/dry everything off with a shop towell. I do this about once every two months.

Here`s what I do:

I spray the entire engine bay with a garden hose sprayer.

Towell dry the entire bay with a bath towell.

Spray Nano Wax on everything.

Towell dry again with bath towell.

Spray Armor All on all plastics/rubbers.

Towell dry all Armor All`d parts with a shop towell.
25znvnl.jpg

1zoht0y.jpg

Thanks. I am going to fill my deck sprayer with simple green then hit it with a garden hose after spraying on the simple green. Then I will just use the armor all, as I haven't found the nano wax yet. You have been very helpful.

I degrease/clean the engine much like aquariuscsm.

However, I skip the armor all or other similar products and I use lubricants like WD40, then wipe up all the excess. I don't know if there are advantages one way or the other. I just assume the lubricants protect metal better and I'm less worried of overspray. I tend to do this before washing the car, in case it drifts onto the paint or windshield.

Here's a few pictures of how it turns out:

Dsc_1373.jpg

Dsc_1381.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back