Argo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately,it is movies that most lemmings will remember and cite as history. Not just this one.
Another argo flaw is that the hostages said they were bored, drank all day, and just got on a plane and left. Yawn.

Originally Posted By: buster
I once thought what I learned in Economics in college was wrong,(a lot of it is and is also theory) so that led me to the Mises Institute. I soon learned that they were wrong, and what I learned was actually the correct approach. Be careful about what you think is the "truth". How many people listen to talk radio think they are getting "the truth"?

It's true. The 'media' are so well entrusted by the mass, that some people dare not accept information from diverse and unrelated sources! I pay special attention to correlations from unrelated sources without apparent interests, and especially close attention to that information which is further validated by my own experiences, if that makes sense.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
People who rely on "Liarwood" for their history deserve what they get. Liarwood will never stop making shoot 'em ups.

Am I to understand, then, that Abraham Lincoln did *not*, in fact hunt vampires????

Iran to sue Hollywood for 'distorting image' of Islamic republic

Quote:
Iran has hired a controversial French lawyer to file a lawsuit against Hollywood over a series of films, including Ben Affleck's Oscar-winning Argo, that have allegedly portrayed the Islamic republic in a distorted and unrealistic manner.

Isabelle Coutant-Peyre, described by the Iranian media as an "anti-Zionist" lawyer, has travelled to Tehran to meet the authorities in order to lodge a case in an international court against Hollywood directors and producers that officials say have promoted "Iranophobia".

Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
Originally Posted By: HerrStig
People who rely on "Liarwood" for their history deserve what they get. Liarwood will never stop making shoot 'em ups.

Am I to understand, then, that Abraham Lincoln did *not*, in fact hunt vampires????

Right. He didn't free the slaves, either.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
Anyone see Django Unchained? Entertaining but historically preposterous.

Yeah, but at least Django isn't claimed to be "based on a true story" and neither is it a documentary. If one chooses to learn history from it and accept it as truth, I guess they only have themselves to blame.
smile.gif

I liked the movie. Entertaining it was. I only wish it was shorter, alas, that's just typical Tarantino.

I liked Argo ok - didn't think it was great; of course that's not because I expected a 100% accurate description of true events; that almost never happens in movies - they have to add some/change some to entertain...

Perhaps I had set my expectations too high. I just didn't think it was all that brilliant enough to win the Best Picture Oscar.

I accept that what I see in a movie may not be actuate , or even true.
But often the movie will pique my interest, so I take the time to explore* the REAL story.
Fact is often stranger than fiction.
I guess a factual story could sometimes be considered 'unlikely' if not modified for public viewing.

*I use the term EXPLORE, as more and more I find there are many versions of the truth. Things are seldom Clean Cut Good or Bad.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Perhaps I had set my expectations too high. I just didn't think it was all that brilliant enough to win the Best Picture Oscar.

Exactly my point. There is only one reason it won: it's basically an anti-U.S. film.

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
I agree. Still entertaining. Anyone see Django Unchained? Entertaining but historically preposterous.

I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back