Are you still getting the amsoil "Advantage" ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Syn oil at 5,000 miles is a waste of $$$$ . The driving cycle would determime the engines life more than the oil used given proper oil change intervals for the chosen oils.

5k with synthetic is not such a waste in colder climates

show me a good uoa with more than 10k that was driven in a cold climate like Alberta's

i change mine out at 5k in the winter because of all the cold starts and idling, i don't thinks its a waste but peace of mind, bear in mind that once it does start warming up i will most likely extend the oci

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Syn oil at 5,000 miles is a waste of $$$$ . The driving cycle would determime the engines life more than the oil used given proper oil change intervals for the chosen oils.

Syn oil is never a waste of money

Originally Posted By: XPR
Originally Posted By: Steve S

Syn oil is never a waste of money

I suppose because one just never knows what will be asked of their vehicle/engine next?

Almost sounds like the basis for a commercial.

Take care.

AMSOIL probably will provide better protection than the petroleum oil that your referring to,but basically all that the oil does in your engine is take a beating so you cant expect it to show the same kinda strength that it did 500mi and at 10,000mi, with that said, Oil analysis is the best way to truly see how your oil is holding up in your engine and best determine what your drain intervals should be. The cost of AMSOIL vs. the other guys may be higher but your annual savings are much greater, geneally rif you stay under 25,000 miles a year you and you are running a AMSOIL EaO oil filter you only need to change your oil once a year.

Quote:
I plan on having this truck for well over 300K miles (seriously) It's coming up on 90K miles now and I drive over 30K miles a year. So in less than 7 years I'll be at 300K miles, and I plan on having it at least that long..

at that rate I would go AMS sso and Ea filter do a uoa at 12k just to see how its holding up and go from there.
30K a yr is a lot of highway driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back