1979 Toyota pickup
2000 Mazda Miata
1993 Nissan 300ZX
1977 Ford F-100
2000 Toyota Corolla
2013 Jeep JKU
2016 Mazda6
2022 Yukon XL

Guess that's a good spread :D. Still own the vehicles in my signature line.

Brands I’ve owned in order of number owned:
1st. BMW- 12
2nd. Ford- 3
3rd. Nissan- 2
4th.(One Each) Buick, Chevrolet, Jeep, Mazda, Mercedes-AMG, Mini, Mitsubishi, and Volvo
The Buick was my wife's car when we got married- at least it was a decent drive(a 1984 Skylark T-Type). I would buy another Jeep Wrangler, a Mazda, a Mercedes-AMG or a Mini- and I'd at least consider a Chevrolet(Camaro 2SS 1LE), a Ford(Mustang GT PP), or a Toyota(Supra 3.0 manual). No Buick has interested me since the GNX and I scratched Volvo off the list when they decided to placate the Safety Nazis with a moronic 112 mph speed limiter.

Last edited:
Foreign only, try to stick with Japanese (except for Nissan, they're like the Chrysler of Japan). VW's are fine.

Only domestic I'd consider is the F150. Rest of the domestic truck makers can't pull their head outta their behind and make a truck that doesn't need engine or transmission work before it's even off a 5 year loan.

They're all junk nowadays, just gotta pick something that isn't quite as junky...

I can't believe it, you put into words something I've thought for a long time. Nissan IS like the Chrysler of Japan. Hahaha I am glad someone else understands this.

Anyway, for me, I have a strong favoritism for Ford trucks and SUVs. Ford stopped making cars besides the mustang, so if was gonna buy a new car (that wasn't a truck) it'd be Japanese. Probably either a Subaru Legacy, Honda Civic, or a Mazda 3. Not that I don't like Mustangs, I do, but it just isn't practical for a daily in the Midwest winters. Which is why I love trucks. My 4x4 F-150 gets me through unplowed country roads if I need to. But honestly, if I could afford a new vehicle, it'd be a Maverick 2.0L turbo awd. Its the size of the old rangers of the 2000s which would be fine enough for me, and better gas mileage.

Mine in order....1973 Dodge Colt GT...1973 Plymouth Road Runner...1968 Dodge Charger R/t...1980 Chrysler Cordoba...1987 Chryler Le Baron Coupe...1989 Plymouth Acclaim...1998 Ford Countor...1999 Dodge Grand Caravan...2004 Chrysler PT Cruiser...2007 Honda Accord SE...2021 Honda HRV Sport....My late wife also owned 3 Hondas... 2 civics and 1 Accord...

I don't think anyone is brand neutral.
Well, probably not those who like and enjoy cars and car culture but, people who don't care about cars might be. And, I do NOT mean this in a bad way, just using statistical logic, but probably more women that don't care. Of course plenty do, too.

I used to be GM exclusive but opened my mind up and now purchase whatever I see as the best for my dollar. I still own several GMs but also have 3 Jeeps and a RAM truck. I like Audi and Mercedes as well. The one brand I never give time of day is FORD. I do own a 32 Ford but won't consider anything else they make currently. I feel I am very unbiased...if anything I've turned biased against current GM products lol

Cars I collect I am not brand sensitive as I like all vintage cars.

Cars I use as daily drivers and were not company cars or passed down to me then it is Ford and Mazda. Ford no longer makes cars so it is out forever. Mazda does but I am done buying new daily drivers as I have three already and a fourth that I am building a new engine for. My wife's Mazda was just paid off so no more car payments now instead into investments for the future of my wife and son.

I'm not but being forced into being more open due to the car market as I don't want SUVs, crossovers, or trucks. I mostly owners Chrysler and Ford's. I might have to go with Toyota group or someone who actually makes a comfortable car that is reasonably reliable.

I would not consider ANY vehicle from Chrysler or Mitsubishi, but would consider from just about any other manufacturer...

Brand neutral? Not in the least. Toyota guy based on good results from cars I have owned. Family bought a 1972 Corolla when I was a kid. There are 5 Toyota's in the family now. Still driving Dad's 1984 Cressida wagon.

Paco

Back