Are we forgetting Fuchs lubricants?

Very common here in New Zealand - but mainly as a workshop oil, not retail. I used it my my bulk tanks in my own shop, and had it as bulk in other shops too. Seriously good stuff, with an extensive range...and Silkolene too, and I've used that in my bikes before,4 and 2 stroke. They recently took over Nulon in Aust, so that gives them a retail brand. Retail is peanuts compared to what they market in the wholesale sector.
Yep I have used Silkolene fork oil before in my motorcycle and now that Fuchs own Nulon, I have some Nulon 5W30 Dex1-Gen2 full synthetic in my oil stash. They were giving it away at $25 for 5L !

I don’t think any of the Nulon formulations or products have changes under Fuchs, every thing appears exactly the same.

My last use of Silkolene was last year when I saw a bottle of FB 2 stroke for under half price at Supercreep. The scooter needs FD, but it was Silkolene and half price...what could I do ?

Hmm interesting...so does this mean they are using group III with ester additive? What are the possible FM and AW component not listed?

Managed to find old thread so the Fuchs is mainly GTL based oil plus ester, some are zero zinc. Will need to do VOA to confirm, no wonder they do not have synthetic word on the bottle, even though it may be considered semi synthetic?

Managed to find old thread so the Fuchs is mainly GTL based oil plus ester, some are zero zinc. Will need to do VOA to confirm, no wonder they do not have synthetic word on the bottle, even though it may be considered semi synthetic?
Yes i noticed that they did not label anything about that on their packaging, thought it had to do because of the german law where you can not label it full synthetic if it isnt full synthetic so they just take it completely of just like liqui moly does to not look bad. I thought it was just another HC oil.

Would be very interesting to know if they are really GTL with ester based, where did you find this information?

I would consider GTL definitely as a synthetic base stock.
Me too, i am currently using shell helix, also because of their GTL products so it would be interesting to know if Fuchs is also GTL, they probably have to buy the base stocks from shell as far as i know.

on one of the last pages you can see that they where awarded by Volkswagen, Mercedes daimler and ZF for their great partnership.

They claim to be the largest independent lubricant manufacturer, i am still wondering how that could be because almost nobody here is using it or has even heard from them. (they do have their market outside automotive)

So i think the only way to achieve this is by a supplying factory fills for manufacturers where of course thousends of litres are used instead of 5l jugs at a time. I am guessing that they make a lot of ZF VW Mercedes own branded oils, not always motor oils but maybe ATF, trans, their CHF11s powersteering etc...

I know shell makes MB motor oil and Castrol makes/made VW oil, does anybody know which manufacturer makes for example mercedes atf? I know the bottles say made in germany most of the time but there are a lot of companies who have their blendingplants in germany.

They didn't say independent "automotive" lubricant manufacturer. I suppose they could be supplying industry, more so then other independent manufacturers.

Very common brand in the Middle East, especially among Mercedes-Benz dealers. I'm not sure if they had a contract for factory fill, but it's often referred to as "Mercedes oil" and their oil is pretty decent and competitively priced.

I used their SuperSyn LongLife 5W-30/5W-40 for a while before I switched to HDEO.

Back