Are we forgetting Fuchs lubricants?

Very common here in New Zealand - but mainly as a workshop oil, not retail. I used it my my bulk tanks in my own shop, and had it as bulk in other shops too. Seriously good stuff, with an extensive range...and Silkolene too, and I've used that in my bikes before,4 and 2 stroke. They recently took over Nulon in Aust, so that gives them a retail brand. Retail is peanuts compared to what they market in the wholesale sector.

Here in Toronto it's available, but it cost more than the over the counter oils (off sale) and it never goes on sale itself. Also their products are essentially group III, and M1, Castrol, PP and QS oils are the same type with the same approvals at a cheaper cost.

Im not saying they're bad, they're not, their oils do the job, but why spend $60 + on a oil when I can get the same type of oil for $29.99?
Yep, its the same story in Australia, you can find it but its always full price. Its very good though and they have some really good ATF's.

Fuchs have bought in to Nulon Australia

Hopefully, the products stay the same, seems to be the case. They will still be marketing as Nulon for retail.

Last edited:
Fuchs oil are hard to find in my country, the few vendors that sell this brand usually sell wrong oil for me. If i wanted Fuchs oil for my car i would need to order from Germany. And honestly i don`t think this oil is worth paying shipping and VAT for when i can get Castrol or Mobil 1 oil in shops.

I work as a techniciain in the windturbine industry and a lot grease and lubricants that we use come from Fuchs, these are milion euro contracts with warranties etc...
They are a multi million dollar company who make oils for almost every application imaginable and, according to wikipedia they also made lubricants for the concorde.

How come that we rararely here about fuchs on bitog? Is it not that popular or available in the USA?

I personally have not used fuchs in a personal vehicle yet but will probably try it in the future.

I actually think about Fuchs oil. I remember reading about it some time ago.

I seem to remember that these oils had little, or minimal additives. Much like Beck's beer: "Only 4 ingredients" as to "German purity law" or something. Verh broad strokes there, but I seem to remember Fuchs was mentioned to have "almost no" additives. I could be wrong.

That's a great point now to start contemplating and researching input. You might need to arrange for VOAs before ordering too much of each. So many different products these days. Their Porsche A40 e.g. might have an additional Nordschleifen-ingredient, "emptier" oil being better anyway. Don't lump them all together forever because of having had a beer once.

I see that bmw ll04 approved fuchs gt1 5w30 c3 is available in 20l jugs which is offered here for 80 euros, thats only 4 euros per litres. :D

I might definitly give this a try once i run out of the last couple litres of shell oil.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210128-112810_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210128-112810_Chrome.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 10
One of the shops I used to go to in NJ uses Fuchs Titan SuperSyn 5w40 by the 50 gallon drums for their VW/Audi 502.00 oil changes

One of the shops I used to go to in NJ uses Fuchs Titan SuperSyn 5w40 by the 50 gallon drums for their VW/Audi 502.00 oil changes

Did they specialize in Euro cars? ;)

And have a main tech named Dominic?

And never really be able to get their cars back out onto the street without thinking there may be a collision, due to so much traffic on that.. avenue? lol.

I may have a guess which one it is. It's a few miles away from a Ferrari dealership, too....

Did they specialize in Euro cars? ;)

And have a main tech named Dominic?

And never really be able to get their cars back out onto the street without thinking there may be a collision, due to so much traffic on that.. avenue? lol.

I may have a guess which one it is. It's a few miles away from a Ferrari dealership, too....
Yes, they specialize in Euro cars

Don't know, it's been a few years since I moved cross country

They got plenty of room for a parking lot and garage access. Pulling out onto the street is no issue also

Yes, they specialize in Euro cars

Don't know, it's been a few years since I moved cross country

They got plenty of room for a parking lot and garage access. Pulling out onto the street is no issue also

I was gonna guess J.J. Bergamo.

I use fuchs titan gt1 evo 0w20 on crosstrek, i find it is better than motul ecolite 0w20, in terms of running temperature and engine noise. Not much info on datasheet except approval spec, but i just take that in german synthetic at least is pao based

I use fuchs titan gt1 evo 0w20 on crosstrek, i find it is better than motul ecolite 0w20, in terms of running temperature and engine noise. Not much info on datasheet except approval spec, but i just take that in german synthetic at least is pao based
Last SDS is in 2018
SDS (chemtel.net)
Base Oil Paraffinic 60% to 100% doesn't sound like a PAO base oil

Back