Are we forgetting Fuchs lubricants?

But more like Pentosin being OEM rather than Fuchs. The cans of CHF 11s with the funky spout that I used to get for my BMW were made in France.
In 2015, the company was bought by Fuchs Petrolub SE. Since then, the Pentosin brand continues to be sold alongside Fuchs branded products.

Automotive products[edit]​

Pentosin produces a wide range of high quality,[citation needed] "original equipment manufacturer" (OEM) specified products, as well as aftermarket products. These include automotive lubricants (engine motor oils, and transmission oils/fluids, for motor cars and motorcycles, including synthetic oils), industrial lubricants, and hydraulic products.

Pentosin products are supplied directly to many different automotive companies, including all marques of the Volkswagen Group, BMW, Daimler AG marques, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Europe and Porsche.

Pentosin FFL-2 is factory fill for the Volkswagen/Audi dual-clutch Direct-Shift Gearbox.

Pentosin FFL-4 is now being used in the new C8 Corvette dual clutch transmission.

In 2015, the company was bought by Fuchs Petrolub SE. Since then, the Pentosin brand continues to be sold alongside Fuchs branded products.

Automotive products[edit]​

Pentosin produces a wide range of high quality,[citation needed] "original equipment manufacturer" (OEM) specified products, as well as aftermarket products. These include automotive lubricants (engine motor oils, and transmission oils/fluids, for motor cars and motorcycles, including synthetic oils), industrial lubricants, and hydraulic products.

Pentosin products are supplied directly to many different automotive companies, including all marques of the Volkswagen Group, BMW, Daimler AG marques, Ford Motor Company, General Motors Europe and Porsche.

Pentosin FFL-2 is factory fill for the Volkswagen/Audi dual-clutch Direct-Shift Gearbox.

Pentosin FFL-4 is now being used in the new C8 Corvette dual clutch transmission.
And prior to that, Fuchs sold a CHF 11s equivalent that is in a different bottle, I still have some in my garage.

FUCHS (Translated: FOX) is even unknown here in Germany to the average car owner.

Usually, you dont find it on shelfs at stores, you have to buy it in the internet. The only shops that carry it i am aware off are specialized for farming equipment or trucks. Thats where this oil is most popular.

FUCHS dont advertise in magazines. The last big thing i can remember was a article in a motorcylce magazine over 10 years ago. They are clearly aiming for big business customers, first fill at car makers and so on. Their motorcycle range (Silkolene) is more widely known, but also hard to find on shelfs here.

But, you can buy their oil at very competetive prices in german internet stores that are specilized at oil. These are the biggest ones:

The next problem is that they are absolutely unwilling to give customers data sheets and information about the base oil.
While i am sure that their oil is top quality with genuine approvals it seems that they are aiming mostly at business customers.
The same story as with KLUBER greases...

FUCHS (Translated: FOX) is even unknown here in Germany to the average car owner.

Usually, you dont find it on shelfs at stores, you have to buy it in the internet. The only shops that carry it i am aware off are specialized for farming equipment or trucks. Thats where this oil is most popular.

FUCHS dont advertise in magazines. The last big thing i can remember was a article in a motorcylce magazine over 10 years ago. They are clearly aiming for big business customers, first fill at car makers and so on. Their motorcycle range (Silkolene) is more widely known, but also hard to find on shelfs here.
Okay, i would have thought that they where more popular in their home country but apperantly they dont care about that either.
In holland fuchs oil are also available in bulk to consumers for in comparison very low prices so definatly worth a try, especially if you have a little fleet or something.

The next problem is that they are absolutely unwilling to give customers data sheets and information about the base oil.
While i am sure that their oil is top quality with genuine approvals it seems that they are aiming mostly at business customers.
The same story as with KLUBER greases...
Yeah i also find this the case with ravenol and motul.

The only advertisement that i can think of is that if i am not mistaking they sponsered/worked with the super succesfull Kawasaki worldsuperbike team for a certain period but now days they are with ELF.

You can get data sheets from Ravenol or Motul on their homepages, easy available for download. But you get ZERO data sheets from Fuchs.

On the other hand, FUCHS has a completly product range. Oil for Motor, gearbox, axles, grease, coolant, all you need. Good quality and competetive prices.

What kills it for me is the lack of data sheets. For example, i was looking for very thin -40 oil for my Honda S2000. I cant get data sheets from FUCHS, so i choose one of the other oils where i had data sheets.

For their 2T-oils Polo and Louis had sheets from Fuchs. There could be more, at least regarding 4T mopped oils.
Hein Blaubär I don't know, but I guess they're gone anyway.

Fuchs is certainly more into oils than LM...

some fuchs oils are on amazon but at $12+/qt

Lots of good stuff out there for cheaper than oil most people havent heard of.

They were a bit early to leave out Zn – when others were still throwing in MoS2.
For business certainly a partner, for AustralAsia they have Nulon.

Fuchs is certainly more into oils than LM...
Do you mean in overal size/capicity or quality wise?

After a quick search i could find a voa on a russian forum:
1611696209745.png

Last edited:
Here in Toronto it's available, but it cost more than the over the counter oils (off sale) and it never goes on sale itself. Also their products are essentially group III, and M1, Castrol, PP and QS oils are the same type with the same approvals at a cheaper cost.

Im not saying they're bad, they're not, their oils do the job, but why spend $60 + on a oil when I can get the same type of oil for $29.99?

For one that's been just my impression from this and a fb_277vt.pdf this was based on e.g. (can't find a link right now): https://books.google.de/books?id=l9Vwt7MPzRUC&pg=PA171&lpg=PA171&dq=viscosimetric+prototype+fuchs&source=bl&ots=kcJtMJxWUF&sig=ACfU3U2eN1QymzC_ltTGOY9tWyqobHId2g&hl=de&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiZtf-bxbruAhWHDGMBHf5oCOcQ6AEwAHoECAoQAg#v=onepage&q=viscosimetric prototype fuchs&f=false

And more notably of course there's the Mr. SAE20 in that club.ru who sees them more with Motul and Total, being seriously interested and somewhat interesting. Not primarily printing labels and buying centerfolds acquiring the masses' likes to then document these in more centerfolds...

I'm not judging their oils – I couldn't. I'd only understand why someone could want to look into them. For other reasons than those grazed by LM.

Fuchs owns the pentosin brand as well.

You can get their oils pretty cheap at FCP Euro if you just keep warranty returning them but that takes effort.

Back