Are these stamps counterfeit?

pbm

The reason I ask is that a friend bought a roll of 100 'Forever' stamps for $34 IIRC (from a different seller) I thought it a good deal and considered buying some but when I investigated I read that the USPS never discounts postage stamps.
I told my friend and when he checked his credit card statement it showed Chinese writing as to where the payment went. I'm guessing Chinese outfits are counterfeiting these stamps....Thoughts?

They are counterfeit. I bought three rolls once. Afterwards I did some research and found they are not the real thing. Have not bought any since learning that. It is basically robbing the postal system.

If they are, I have been using them for a month now. I don't know about a roll but I bought two twenty count sheets yesterday from the post office.

I never seen a discount on stamps anywhere which seems unusual.

Deal looks too good to be true---> it is too good to be true.

Domain registered anonymously with GoDaddy. IP address points to an AWS "Global Accelerator" which can secretly redirect to anywhere in the world.

Wife ordered $100 roll, didn't receive promptly and called Paypal. They told her
Fake Stamps.jpg
it was a Chinese outfit and are working on a refund, and then they were in the mailbox a few days later. Going to take them to the P.O. to check them. If they can make fake Iridium plugs I guess this is a piece of cake to do.

Looked up how stamps work, just a UV ink it says. I would think there is more to it?

"We legally acquire our postage stamps from businesses and the general public; from leftover business mailings and company liquidations, to wedding invitations and stamp collections. Our process, product acquisition, and transactions are legally backed by our all-star legal team. All transactions are in compliance with the laws of the United States of America."

Wife took hers to the PO and they said use em, they are good. One of her friends got the same reply at a different PO. She told them the backstory, they don't care I guess. And so far everyone that ordered has received their stamps.

I would think that counterfeiting postage stamps would be just as serious as counterfeiting dollar bills....either way it's ripping US off .....something should be done by our 'leaders'....

I just seen a news report on these coiled, discounted stamps, they said these stamps are likely to be phoney. There are no "discounted" postage stamps.

Back