Are these oxygen sensor readings okay?

About 6 months ago I had a pending P0420 code that I cleared and it never came back, I was convinced that the code was due to me stupidly adding a can of what turned out to be 2 cycle mixed fuel to the tank a week before the code appeared. Today I connected one of those cheap ELM327 scanners to the ODB port and the catalyst readings look a bit odd. OS2 sensor reading looks reasonable however the voltage is higher than the OS1? There are no codes (pending, stored or current) and all the monitors are set.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210126-172839~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20210126-172839~2.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 30
The downstream O2 is definitely on the rich side.

20 seconds of data log isn’t much. Was this at idle or cruise? Warm or cold engine?

The downstream O2 is definitely on the rich side.

20 seconds of data log isn’t much. Was this at idle or cruise? Warm or cold engine?
Engine was warmed up and it was taken at idle after a 20 minutes drive. It seems to look fairly similar regardless of engine speed

Engine was warmed up and it was taken at idle after a 20 minutes drive. It seems to look fairly similar regardless of engine speed

It should switch must faster at elevated RPM. Perhaps it’s the refresh rate of your tool?

The green line does look rich if it is truly running rich past the cat look in tailpipe for black soot. If if its not throwing a code don't worry. The catalyst has finished consuming the 2 stroke oil with some carbon leftover. it is not clogged if it is again within spec. New O2.s wont hurt anything.

Back