Are Purolator Classic(a.k.a. Premium Plus)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
...still a good filter?

Purolator Classic is just about all I use these days due to availability/price...I did recently get some PureOne's on sale/AAP code#/Puro Rebate, really cheap($1.67 ea) so, I have 6 of them too but, I use the Classic's most of the time!

My wife '01 LEXUS RX-300 and my daughters '06 Mazda3 2.0L both take the #10241. Both filters are a bit difficult to access(for one reason or another). So I bought a cup style filter remover that fits this #10241. Life is good!

The other "Classic" application is #14610 for the is in my '04 Altima 2.5 and it's easy as pie to access. I can "often" remove it with my hands alone(no filter wrench required)
smile.gif

For my Firebird FORMULA, I often stay with tha AC Delco filters for "Car Show" purposes so, it's not an issue. I like to keep with as much OE as possible/when possible!

So, is the CLASSIC filter still rated high and held in high regard???

Thanks,

CB

Last edited:
I started using them on applications with frequent OCI's. My Quad uses the 14610 and so far they seem to be doing well. I've done 2 oil changes. Cut the last one open and it looked great.

And now with WallyWorld selling them, I'll be picking up more than a few! My 16KW generator can use the same filter. Life is wonderful!
eek.gif

Classics and dino oil are all I use for my parent's vehicles (2003 Chevy Venture and 2005 Malibu). They follow the GM OLM and I cut every can open. They always look in great shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back