Are All Cub Cadets Loud ?

The neighbor across the street is mowing his yard with a Cub Cadet Tractor and this thing is so loud it sounds like he's next door. I went outside for a minute and had to go back into the house because my ears were bleeding. I noticed he had Ear Protection on. Are All Cub Cadets Loud ?

Beats me, but mine is not too bad. But I wear earplugs all the same.

Maybe the muffler fell off?

My 2cents
An engine is an engine pretty much for noise if its 420CC etc.
You might have a Big single cylinder or a 2 cylinder.. but even then...

not all Engines have the same muffler and it could be damaged or loose.

My 2cents
An engine is an engine pretty much for noise if its 420CC etc.
You might have a Big single cylinder or a 2 cylinder.. but even then...

not all Engines have the same muffler and it could be damaged or loose.
I'm thinking it might be the deck making all the noise.

My 07 cub cadet with 3 blades and 50" deck, 23hp Kohler v twin makes more noise than my 81 MTD 11hp/38" deck, but the MTD makes more exhaust noise as someone installed a header and glass pack type muffler on it years ago.
I wouldn't call either one extremely loud but we live in a rural area now. They would be less annoying than my 6hp push mower was at our old townhouse.

I'm thinking it might be the deck making all the noise.

That's what I was curious about.

My 2010 model year Cub Cadet Z-Force zero turn with a 44" fabricated steel deck and Kohler Courage 20hp V-twin was crazy loud from the cutting deck. The engine was not bad at all. By contrast, my 2005 model year Cub Cadet 2544 riding mower had a stamped steel 44" deck and the whole machine was very quiet.

My FIL just bought a new Cub XT-3 garden tractor with what ever version Kohler calls the Command these days. The engine is very much shrouded and it has an automotive sized muffler with crazy ~"2 exhaust piping. I haven't heard the deck spin on it yet, but I'd imagine it's quite loud.

I have an old cub 2165 16 hp vanguard and yes the mower deck is loud.

It's due to blade speed, suction due to blade speed and blade design.

It's also the best mowing, best mulching mower deck I have ever seen.

Reactions: JTK
The neighbor across the street is mowing his yard with a Cub Cadet Tractor and this thing is so loud it sounds like he's next door. I went outside for a minute and had to go back into the house because my ears were bleeding. I noticed he had Ear Protection on. Are All Cub Cadets Loud ?
Yes they are loud. Especially my neighbor's when he shuts it off after mowing. He leaves it at full throttle and turns it off, and a super loud backfire that sounds like a .45 going off ensues next, Scares the hell out of the dog.

My 2155 with a Kohler is ridiculously loud. The deck is loud and the engine is louder due to the fact that the muffler was split open at one point. It’s welded back now but no telling what damage was done to the internals.

As someone else stated about these previously this mower gives the best cut of any I’ve ever owned or used. I’m going to be really sad when it finally dies.

I’ve gone through a few decks on my ariens. I’ve swapped them myself. Somehow they go one with zero vibration, or lots of vibration. When I bought it, it originally shook a lot and that added to the noise. The next deck ran buttery smooth. We’re back to much vibes and shaking on #3, like it was when it was new. That alone makes a bit of difference.

Back