Applied Optimum Gloss-Coat

Status
Not open for further replies.
This 2010 Prius belongs to a friend of mine and is being sold to one of our mutual acquaintances.

I decided to "freshen up" the car for the next owner and decided it would be a good opportunity to use up an older tube of Optimum Gloss-Coat from my inventory. Total time spent was about 6 hours.

Process:

Washed the car using Meguiar's D110 Hyper Wash
Decontaminated the paint using Optimum FerreX
Clayed the paint using ONR diluted to 32:1 as a clay lube and Meguiar's C2000 mild clay
Light Paint Correction using the Rupes LHR12E Duetto, Optimum Hyper Polish and a Rupes Yellow Foam pad. The goal was to make the paint shiny, not perfect.
Wiped down the paint with Optimum Paint Prep to remove polish residue and leftover polishing oils
Coated the paint using Optimum Gloss-Coat (New Formula). The hood received two coats.
Tires received 3 coats of CarPro Perl diluted 1:1 (15 mi apart)

All of the interior plastics were wiped down and/or scrubbed using Optimum Power Clean diluted 3:1, followed up with a wipedown using ONR diluted at 256:1. All of the windows were cleaned inside/out and all carpets and seats were agitated and vacuumed.

By no means was this a full interior detail or a proper paint correction. The goal was to "freshen up" the car for the next owner and to install some long-term paint protection.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Not a fan of the design of the Prius-but the paint does indeed look nice.

Let me guess, after doing all that work, you're buddy just decided not to sell the car after-all.
lol.gif

(Looks Great, -And you got a lot of work done in 6 hours).

Ray

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by double vanos
Man if that's a "freshen up" what the he!! does a full on detail look like?! Good job Critic, she looks like new.

Thanks! A real detail would be two steps of paint correction and a hot-water extraction of the interior carpets and fabric.

Originally Posted by Malo83
Nice! but you forgot to clean the plates
lol.gif

I knew I forgot something!
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back