API SP 0w40 oils?

None of the SS oils are API approved, so that would be a recommendation for applications calling for API SP.
Exactly, here's the wording from their website

Use AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil in applications that require any of the following specifications:
0W-40 (AZF): API SP, SN PLUS, SN Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850; Nissan GT-R

No approvals here, unfortunately. Also does not mean it meets the spec. I've seen a VOA of some other Amsoil 0w40 claiming SN plus, and it was clearly not the SN plus list/concentration of ingredients

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.29.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 10.29.26 AM.png
    461.2 KB · Views: 55
Exactly, here's the wording from their website

Use AMSOIL Signature Series Synthetic Motor Oil in applications that require any of the following specifications:
0W-40 (AZF): API SP, SN PLUS, SN Chrysler MS-12633, MS-10725, MS-10850; Nissan GT-R

No approvals here, unfortunately. Also does not mean it meets the spec. I've seen a VOA of some other Amsoil 0w40 claiming SN plus, and it was clearly not the SN plus list/concentration of ingredients
What concentration of ingredients are you referring to?

Calcium, Phosphorous and Zinc. Amsoil oils are generally over-additized and cannot meet the sulphated ash requirements of many specifications. From a pure wear/deposit performance standpoint, they may excel, but they typically cannot meet every single requirement.

Calcium, Phosphorous and Zinc. Amsoil oils are generally over-additized and cannot meet the sulphated ash requirements of many specifications. From a pure wear/deposit performance standpoint, they may excel, but they typically cannot meet every single requirement.
Amsoil SS Calcium, phosphorus and zinc are the same levels as their XL which are API approved

Okay, I was a bit wrong. Not about 0w40 and SN plus, but about 5w30 with claims to be d1G2.
It was the Amsoil XL 5w30 VOA, and it showed 1.05% of sulfated ash. d1G2 requirement is The point of this is, you can "claim" whatever you want, doesn't mean it meets the spec

Now, watch this "yeah we're a d1G2 but we're not"
Screen Shot 2020-10-07 at 11.50.23 AM.jpg

Okay, I was a bit wrong. Not about 0w40 and SN plus, but about 5w30 with claims to be d1G2.
It was the Amsoil XL 5w30 VOA, and it showed 1.05% of sulfated ash. d1G2 requirement is The point of this is, you can "claim" whatever you want, doesn't mean it meets the spec

Now, watch this "yeah we're a d1G2 but we're not"
View attachment 31149
1602097479026.jpeg
T
This is their current data sheet which no longer contains that caveat.

Watch out, the Amsoil fan club will get all testy when it comes to "recommended for" vs meets specifications vs actual approvals. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

Watch out, the Amsoil fan club will get all testy when it comes to "recommended for" vs meets specifications vs actual approvals. :ROFLMAO: :LOL:
Unless some of them have a degree in this matter and can back claims with data from trusted sources, I have 0 problems ignoring them :)

Back