Anyone using Formula Shell or Chevron supreme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I couldn't help myself so I nabbed two cases of Formula Shell 10w30 since I don't know how long Home Depot will have it at $1.98 price. Anyone here using this oil or Chevron Supreme? I like the additive pack Formula as [censored] has but both are great oils.

I have used both in the past. Formula Shell is a good value at that price. Now Chevron Supreme cost close to PPPP or QSUD I will not buy it. If someone gave it to me I would be grateful and use it.

Yeah, I was amazed when I went to Home Depot to pick up the new mower that Formula Shell was still that sale price

Yeah Car51 I stocked up on several cases of Supreme when Amazon was blowing it out.
But I'm using it in my tractors and zero turns- and a tiller.
Rated very high and so far no issues,

I'm using some in friends cars so far without issue. That Amazon deal was awesome!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Chris142
I have never seen these oils at home depot.

Saw a stack there this morning. Didnt buy any since I'm well stocked for about 2 years. But noticed it was about $2 a qt. and I DID hesitate.

Chris142: the Formula Shell was right out in front near a checkout lane with nice display all stacked up

car51 I've been using 10w30 Formula Shell in my parents 1999 S10 and 1989 Suburban for the past two years running it for 5k miles.
It will be going in the S10 in Dec - 1 1/2 year oil change - not driven much. No issues.
I'm currently running 10w30 Chevron Supreme in my daughters Vibe and two oil changes ago I had it in my Accord.
Both great oils and I have had great results with them both.

Using Chevron Supreme that I bought online at Walmart.com for $10.44 per five quart jug in two cars. Used the Formula Shell 10W-30 in my Volvo before the Chevron Supreme that's in it now, and it's good oil too. The Chevron Supreme 10W-30 is $11.77 a jug on Walmart.com right now. I bought a few extra jugs at $10.44, so I am good for a while.

Yeah I'm running the Formula Shell right now and I have one time before. It does run quite well in the car. That's why I picked up 10 quarts at Home Depot a couple of weeks ago. At $1.98 a qt it's a good deal for sure.

Been using the 10W-30 Chevron Supreme for a long time now in the 2001 LeSabre. Can't say it's anything but positive. Good oil!

Ahh... I haven't run the Motorcraft in the Altima yet.... that is something worth trying to do really. I'm thinking about running the Havoline Pro DS next run. But Motorcraft is a good thought really. And I have to say it's well worth a thought about running it. Maybe after my Havoline Pro DS I will give it a shot. I bet it would do really pretty well. Now, in the Camry it is the best I've run so far.

I haven't used Formula Shell for a while, but I certainly would. At the distributor, I believe it's a better deal than Mobil Super conventional. The Chevron stuff is usually a very good deal if you stop by a couple trucking outfits I know of, of all places. Otherwise, it's expensive and only available at one or two major retailers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back