Anyone using Amsoil Heavy-Duty Antifreeze & Coolant?

I recently replaced the water pump, radiator, all cooling system hoses, coolant reservoir and cap on my Grand Marquis as part of a cooling system upgrade. Although the system was clean and rust-free, I still flushed it out and did a citric acid flush, followed by a thorough flush and back flush using only distilled water. This included two separate drive cycles followed by back to back flushes.

I previously used G-13 coolant, but was unable to source it this time so I decided to switch to pre-mixed Amsoil Heavy-Duty Antifreeze & Coolant. This is a HOAT formulation that is free of nitrite, silicate, borate and amine. Out of the jug, it had a dark pinkish/red color and for some reason or another, it's turned pale yellow now after a couple of drive cycles - almost like G-05 concentrate fresh out the jug.

I'm wondering if anyone has experienced this before with this particular coolant. No additives or anything of any kind was added to the cooling system other than Amsoil coolant right out of four sealed jugs.

I have a friend that uses it in all of his business trucks and equipment. Including on his skid steers and excavators. No issues with any of this cooling systems.

Personally, it annoys me when manufacturers of coolants claim their product to be super special, yet don't actually publicly publish their ASTM test data. Pretty pictures aren't the same as test data. I did look for the test data on their website, if I missed it, I'll stand corrected.

It'd basically a Dexclone.....

May actually contain 2-EHA. Made in Canada by Recochem it looks like. Same jug, same color, and Canada made.

It's just an overpriced Dexclone, nothing wrong with a Dexclone coolant (or 2-EHA) but you can just buy another Dexclone for a lot less money.

It's fine, but wow is it expensive and not sure it's any better than much cheaper alternatives. Pretty much the same for all their products IMO.

Back