Anyone used Dunlop Graspic DS-3 snow tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought a set of these online from tirerack for a 2012 Corolla for this coming winter, I was wondering if anyone has used these and what they thought of them. Thanks.

Yes i have,I bought a pair 4 years ago and they work very well in the severe snow and ice here by Lake Erie,They are very soft and will wear out quick if you drive alot of miles ,I put mine on separate rims and install them every major snowstorm and take them off to not wear them out when the roads are clear,I'm prob the only one to do that but in the long run being i drive alot of miles i still have them with great tread after4 years and have not had to invest in another pair yet

There are a lot of folks on Tire Rack that have used them - they seemed to be pretty pleased.

they are a budget snowtire one tier below the top tier tires but still very good.

Its more of an ice tire than a deep snow tire but you wont get stuck until the snow is over the bumper.

and of course it leapyears ahead of all seasons.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: heyu
I put mine on separate rims and install them every major snowstorm and take them off to not wear them out when the roads are clear,I'm prob the only one to do that but in the long run being i drive alot of miles i still have them with great tread after4 years and have not had to invest in another pair yet

This^^^ is what I would do (switching to my BFG Super Sport all seasons for the dry spells) if I were ever to invest in Nokian Hakka Rs, which would burn up pretty darned quickly on our dry winter roads, especially on my 3200#, 3.73 axle ratioed, 375 rwhp car.
frown.gif

It's a bit of work but with a DeWalt 18volt impact and a 3 ton floor jack it is not so bad , I do it alot but the way i see it as saving up to 200 dollars and knowing i have deep tread snows every time when the roads are deep snow and ice ,,,and it does get bad here in northeastern Ohio

i leave mine on all winter here in akron, ohio

Its not only the snowstorms but the overnight refreezing that can be dangerous.

I usually wait till they forecast a bad storm...mid december or so.. till mid march.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back