Anyone use pads on their foor jacks?

I bought some of the newer Harbor Freight- Daytona jack stands.. the ones with a circular support pad and circular feet.. I ended up getting some of those hockey-puck supports for the pinch weld area.. Man! I should've gotten those long ago! love them.. yup have the hockey-puck pad on top of the circular pad.

and love both the hockey pucks and these new jack stands, nice and stable.. the height is awesome!

View attachment 185755
I was just eyeballing those yesterday!!

I was just eyeballing those yesterday!!
they are awesome! I can raise the car way off the ground, plenty of room to get under there.. plus the round feet are not only stable but don't leave marks on the garage floor!

so..I'm glad I could help ya!! seeing how you got me eyeballing that backlit keyboard of yours! lol.. :geek:

I'm too lazy to drag the floor jack and usually just use the forklift. 🤣

Attachments

• 20230726_192847.jpg
    20230726_192847.jpg
    276.5 KB · Views: 20
I bought some of the newer Harbor Freight- Daytona jack stands.. the ones with a circular support pad and circular feet.. I ended up getting some of those hockey-puck supports for the pinch weld area.. Man! I should've gotten those long ago! love them.. yup have the hockey-puck pad on top of the circular pad.

and love both the hockey pucks and these new jack stands, nice and stable.. the height is awesome!

View attachment 185755
Those are the HF version of the ESCO jack stands.
I use the shorties for most of my vehicles, but the full size for my Tundra and others.

Those are the HF version of the ESCO jack stands.
I use the shorties for most of my vehicles, but the full size for my Tundra and others.
I thought that HF copied someone, they looked familiar! It's amazing to use these tall ones on the Civic! Now I can really have room to get under there. I had some old shorties from Craftsman, they were strong, stable, but fitting my body under the Civic, I wasn't that comfortable it being THAT close to me.. lol

I know these are not cheap, but using the hole/pin design is in my opinion MUCH safer and secure. hey.. thanks for the info!

I just glued two hockey pucks together after cutting a slot in one
How are you all cutting the slot in the hockey pucks? I tried once years ago and gave up; that was some hard rubber.

I need to revisit this try again because my jack does end up bending the pinch welds pretty bad.

HARD no on any jack stands from Horror Freight. Don't get me wrong, I like the place and have plenty HF stuff, but the "Statute of Limitations" on their double-recall debacle has not lapsed.

+1 on "Pin type"
I would do what I got to do and buy the real Omega ones or similare

Below are decent, similar ones are available under different brands.
https://www.amazon.com/Omega-32105B-Black-Heavy-Stand/dp/B000I1FP7E?ref_=ast_sto_dp

I ended up buying and modifying a set of 11 ton Omega stands in order to hit my height requirement with room to spare and the stability I wanted
71D5QOYet-L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Have a NAPA jack that came with a pad. Removed it after after a Pathfinder slipped off and the jack went through the oil pan.
The car had an oil leak and I placed the jack with the pad on the crossmember and lifted. I prefer the bare saddle where the edges can bite into the crossmember if there is any slippage.

I prefer softwood 2x4's or 2x6's, 6-8-10-12" long, longer on the pinch weld seam and short ones if using a smaller spot else where underneath . The jack sinks into them an 1/8" or so and they compress so they never slip on the jack and they also usually indent a bit to the shape of the car part. They could split but on my lighter cars they don't seem to even think about it? I do have to stack a couple to get the whole side of the subaru off the ground.

Back