Anyone seen Maxlife Antifreeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it was a marketing test to see if it would catch on like Prestone AM/AM? To do that I think you need to print extravagant claims and to sell it cheap at Wallymart. If Peak Global was on the shelfs there it'd probably become ubiquitous as Prestone AM/AM has.

I have more respect for Zerex. At least they try to manufacture different types of coolants that meet different cars' specification with Green, Dexcool, G-05, and AVF. They could've just label their cheap to make Dexcool AM/AM and cashed in like Prestone.

My bad I just noticed in properties of the document link that it is from 2003. So the Maxlife formula may different/changed. The current pds says I posted above says its yellow.

Originally Posted By: mechanicx
Maybe it was a marketing test to see if it would catch on like Prestone AM/AM? To do that I think you need to print extravagant claims and to sell it cheap at Wallymart. If Peak Global was on the shelves there it'd probably become ubiquitous as Prestone AM/AM has.

I have more respect for Zerex. At least they try to manufacture different types of coolants that meet different cars' specification with Green, Dexcool, G-05, and AVF. They could've just label their cheap to make Dexcool AM/AM and cashed in like Prestone.

My local Walmarts had Peak Global in both concentrate and 50/50 some years ago for few $ more than Prestone AM/AM. It didn't sell very well so they dropped it, I bought a couple concentrate jugs on clearance for less than $5 each few years ago.

Well probably because if an antifreeze is a penny more than another no matter how good it might be the cheapskates that shop at Walmart won't buy it, and Walmart will stop carrying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back