anyone know what quick lube places use to know how much oil your rigs take?

The owners manual for my Versa says 3.75 qts. with filter change and 3.125 qts. without. I always change filter and put in 3.1875 qts and the dipstick reading is still about 1/8" above the full mark. Amsoil's site says 3.7 qts. Others on the Nissan forums say they have the same results.

hey

i’m curious to know if anyone knows what quick lube places use to know how much oil to put into cars and if there is a version to help because I do oil changes for freinds and families and always looking online just wondering if anyone knows

thanks
jacob
The Pennzoil express lube I worked at used the Pennzoil site to pick look up the filter and the amsoil site to look up capacity and oil spec. Mainly because of how well organized amsoils charts were.

All the shops I ran...I made sure had a spiral bound guide book from "Check-Chart Publications" that covered every vehicle manufacturer. This manual covered dry fill and service capacities on engines, transmissions, cooling systems, AC systems, and differentials.

It also covered factory recommended service intervals, lubrication/fluid specifications and had diagrams that showed where every grease zerk was, every drain plug and every fill/inspection plug. Also listed torque specs on lug nuts and oil drain plugs. These books were worth their weight in platinum.

I'm sure they've been discontinued by now since most all of these specs are kept on various software platforms.

Back