Anyone invest in Invesco QQQ?

Be patient and watch. These NASDAQ companies are being beaten to death. This is the direction over the last year... and there's no end in sight for the declines.
1672348495218.jpg

A good choice for that index. Excellent for long term investing. You can dollar cost average in at these levels now.

I should add: you may need some patience here. This index is likely to fall further thus the DCA recommendation. If you have a long timeline then go for it.

The best market strategy is to buy low and sell high. Unfortunately, many amateur investors do the opposite, And nobody can determine when the market is at the absolute bottom. Yes, if you are a long term investor, I think now would be a good time to get into QQQ.

If you have enough time and patience, it's good. About 20 years ago I invested a few thousand each for my kids in stocks. Put it in QQQ for my son but my daughter wanted AAPL. My son's account is not doing that great. My daughter cashed out and paid her down payment on a house.

Been nibbling the Qs - bought some at $281 and a little more at $262. I believe it will continue down in the first quarter and intend to continue nibbling on downdraft days. I have a long term outlook and expect I will be happy with this acquisition in a few years.

Bonds look good to me at this time. Just bought a chunk of SPTS (1-3 year treasury ETF) yielding 4.3% with very little risk. Will be adding corporates and junk over the next month.

Big tech recently laying off and trimming payroll says a lot for what’s going to happen within the next 6 months.

Be patient and have cash ready for some great buying opportunities.

If you missed the 2020 Covid market drop now’s the time to be building your cash position.

I've parked my cash in T-bills for now; a short-term (3-month to 1-year) ladder strategy, since inflation is now entrenched in services and won't simply go away even with the Fed's FFR and QT hammers. In my opinion, market bottom is still a ways away and 2023 is going to be ugly in terms of job losses because of said QT. Together, that means stagflation. I'll reinvest in QQQ in a few years when it's dirt cheap.

Does Invesco have a stock symbol? Oor something like that, to track performance?
Invesco is a an investment management company, that offers a variety of funds and products, so, you could track their common stock, but that is not what this thread is about.

One of their products is QQQ.

QQQ is an exchange traded fund (ETF) that tracks the NASDAQ 100.

Since that’s what you are asking about, and that is an ETF, it’s easy to track. But since it’s basically the Nasdaq 100, you could track that and see how QQQ has performed.

Back