Anyone into vintage oil filters?

I don't see a UPC barcode on the packaging any where. Is there one?

The first barcodes started appearing in the mid 1970s and I think by the time you get to the early 1980s it was pretty uncommon to see a product without one. That may put your filter in the late 70s/very early 80s.

I've posted this awhile back, but here goes: My mom found this cleaning out an old shelf in her house. It was probably intended to go on a '75 Buick that my dad used to own. The date on the box goes up to 1978, so it was probably made at that time or shortly after. Made by Champion Labs. Filters down to .000014 of an inch. (LOL, sure it did) Anyway, it's one I will never use or cut open.
Sweet

20220209_185506~2.jpg

Here's my start. The Pennzoil isn't a real filter. Its plastic with a race car inside it. Gotta start somewhere.

I like to go to flea markets, thrift shops and garage sales. Occasionally I see an old oil filter and I have decided to start collecting them much to my wifes dismay. I paid .25 cents for this old target branded oil filter at a goodwill. I believe it is likely from the late 80s, the may be a date code on it but its smudged.

I want to cut it open, but I don't, not sure yet because if I ever win the lottery on of the cars i want in my collection is a 350 diesel gm product. Anyone else collect and or analyze old filters? Yes I really am that weird

nice filter and good camera too

Back