Anyone Install ReactOS?

Who gains from this "mass adoption" on the PC Desktop?

This is an interesting question. Some feel that more desktop linux users is a good thing, but I don't agree. I think its best to reach that point where we become very hard to ignore (from a hardware vendor support aspect), but not so common that we get all the "unwashed masses" so to speak. Right now the typical linux user is at least somewhat knowledgeable about computers and software and there is value to maintaining that. For a start, that means users of our software are more hands on and require less money to support, and so on.

You need to have Linux sysadmins to make that zero cost enterprise reliability work, a resource many smaller orgs don't have.

As for Teams for Linux, Microsoft decided not to go forward and it is deprecated. Maybe it's being maintained by the open source community, I dunno. You can verify this yourself:

New Teams:

Classic Teams:

As you can see there is no mention of Linux Teams on these Microsoft sites

From what I understand, msft is leaning towards progressive web apps for their apps. So less desktop specific applications and more web pages that work everywhere.

Back