Anyone here play World of Warcraft?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My sister's BF got me into the game. I'm not a hardcore player, I just like to play for a few hours or whatever a night. Maybe we could get a BiTOG guild going? I'm on the Aggramar realm if anyone wants to know.

I agree with his statement. I think what he's trying to say is that you may start off as a casual player, but you will probably turn into a hardcore player. I know thats what happend with me in FFXI. It's tough to play those kind of games casually, FFXI consumed my life for a good year until i decided to quit. I just didn't like sitting inside on the computer all day long during the spring and summer, I felt as if i was wasting my life away playing a stupid game.

I used to go to lunch with some of my co-workers and they'd spend an hour talking about World of Warcraft.

That's about 1:59:30 more than I cared to hear about it
wink.gif

I've seen a lot of my friends (yes i'm stereotyping...) get sucked into the game and now they stay home and play. Thats all they do. My little brother and best friend got sucked in to Silk Road (Open-source game) and its the same thing... my best friend is seeing the best years of his life (we're both in our 3rd year of college) fly right by. My 14 year old brother is going up and he's missing out on a lot at his age.

A few of my co-workers are into it. One of them just tried the demo and just kind of shrugged at it, now he's addicted like the rest of them. I still haven't tried it out as Resident Evil and FPS's are my choices, not role playing.

Quote:

I've seen a lot of my friends (yes i'm stereotyping...) get sucked into the game and now they stay home and play. Thats all they do. My little brother and best friend got sucked in to Silk Road (Open-source game) and its the same thing... my best friend is seeing the best years of his life (we're both in our 3rd year of college) fly right by. My 14 year old brother is going up and he's missing out on a lot at his age.

Exactly my thoughts. I got sucked into it from when i was 20-21, those should be some of the best years of your life, you shouldn't stay inside playing video games all day. Its unfortunate because a lot of younger kids are doing this. Maybe if i were a bit older i wouldn't mind playing, but at the same time it's not good at any age. There was a guy in my linkshell, which is like a team, who divorced his wife and i'd say the game is to blame. And guess what happend next? He ended up moving away and marrying a girl he met in the game.. Some pretty crazy stuff goes on, it's like another world.

I used to play the original Warcraft in about 1995 or so. Pretty addicting. It just wore thin and I quit. How does the latest iteration differ? Is there a website to preview it?

Funny - when you're an old #@$%! and have time in the winter to play stupid games, it doesn't seem like it has any draw for me anymore. On the other hand I don't have any wasteable time anymore......

Thanks I downloaded the demo - I was home sick (first sick day off in at least this company, and previous maybe 3 or 4 years).

What a hoot - very similar to the old one but some neat new stuff. I'm not about to buy the game and play forever, but I'm at level 5 in the demo (need to get off the island in 20 minutes - challenging). Worth the price. Addicting? Naw....maybe....
smile.gif

Have any of you watched the South Park episode with the World of Warcraft. It was a pretty good episode although a bit inaccurate according to people who play it. I never got into it myself. The last game I was into was Sims 2 but I am out of game playing now because there is too much to do and I don't have the time. I think BITOG replaced gaming for me.

Only online games I play now are ones that dont involve levels. I played world of warcraft for a year or so, and let me tell, it sucks when you're playing a game that already takes up your time, but then you're in a group or something and you dont have a choice but to stay. At least with a game that doesnt have levels or items, like battlefield, you can just leave at any time.

Yeah i play it now and then. I have had the same character for like over a year and barely made it to level 55 of 60. my son plays when I play (great chat time on Ventrilo or Teamspeak).

Killed my subscription few months ago so I can study for my mcse. I will start again after so I can hang out with my son online and buddies. I only played at night when I had time and my daughter and wife went to bed.

I played Dungeons & Dragons as teen so this game was great for me.

Oh yeah I HATE The Horde....lol

Have to say I do miss beating the #@$%! outta the some horde.

I don't play WOW but I do play Eve
smile.gif
- Thats all I'll say bout that cuz I don't think the two like each other much. I'll agree with the guys here - these games are SUPER adicting. I spent 1 year spending every free hour I had with this game - now I realize how much time I lost and only play once or twice a week with friends I know in real life. Sad thing is, when I do play - it is usually for hours and hours.

Now, I prefer games like Call of Duty - where it isn't as addicting but you can still enjoy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back