Anyone here fully recover from CHF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update.

2 months ago my Ejection Fraction test was 35-40%. Progress from the 10% near death beginning.

Started having a problem with my left toe. Gout, the most painful thing ever. I was literally crippled. So I never went back to work. Just doing projects around house, working out. They said its the diuretic, put me on yet another pill. Past month its gone.

My cardiologist maxed me out on Entresto, made some adjustments. Had another electrocardiogram last week. Appointment this afternoon to discuss results. But my Primary treating me for gout leaked the news.. My Ejection Fraction Rate was 65-70 on this latest test. I guess thats good because my primary was all smiles, astonished, using the word never, beat 10% odds and miracle.

This afternoon I go to the cardiologist who really knows. Maybe get off the $800 a month concoction. Or maybe this "miracle" is chemically induced.

So i'm answering my post. Yes, you can recover. Fully. But what does fully mean? Still not sure. Will CHF come back if I go off entresto? I plan to ask later today. At least lower the dose.

Awesome to hear man! I had high hopes given that you bounced back pretty quick after your incident.

Thanks! Its a huge relief. But there still is the why? May never know. So the cardiologist wants me to stay on high dose of entresto, taper off the diuretics which are elevating uric acid levels, making me have to take a "gout" pill. Go back in a month. No more feet falling alseep, no more gout, so I think i can finally go back to work and not have reliability issues.

Very interesting to hear all of this, but I already knew one could recover, as a stressed heart does get fatigued. I'm not taking any heart meds at this point and my EF is normal. I simply manage my gym sessions, my diet, and supplements.

Lately, I've been feeling great.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back