Anyone heard of Pro-Tec filters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't seem to find information on these filters. They make oil and air filters as far as I can tell. Rockauto.com sells them.

Any clues?

Yep, Made in Dillon, SC (Pedros home). Even though the PO box sez Clio, SC. You figure out the rest. Hee Hee!!
lol.gif

Last week I ordered some Wix filters (air, cabin, and 51334 [common Honda size] oil filter at $4.81) from Rockauto, and since they had a Pro-Tec 152 for $1.52, I thought it would be worth a look, even if I had to toss it. (I would have ordered the other cheapie oil filters from Rockauto as well, but since they would ship from a different location, it made the S&H jump.) They arrived yesterday, so here's my report:
Filter has printed "PRO-TEC FILTERS, Little Rock, SC 29569, Made in United Kingdom" and instructions. Box has the addition of "P.O.Box 218" and short cross reference list, but no instructions.
White painted can has smaller outer diameter than the WIX, but slightly longer. Square section gasket (which is so much larger than the WIX's gasket that it almost could fit the WIX gasket inside it). Black rubber ADBV, six inlet holes spaced in three groups of two. Appears cheaply made: I can see the media unevenly spaced and distorted with a curvature along the center, appearing like (((((((( all the way around. I'll consider using it after I use the WIX, but I won't be ordering it again. (If somebody wants it for examination, they can have it for the cost of shipping.) All-in-all, in the future I think I'll just buy Purolator Premiums on sale locally...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back