Anyone have weird dreams?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely have had the college dreams. Went an entire semester without attending a class and yet have to pass a final exam to graduate, or thought you dropped a class but never really did. For some reason within the last 4 years I have had recurring dreams of being in random places where severe weather breaks out and I must run from random tornadoes that are constantly forming out of nowhere. It's a weekly thing and gets quite annoying. I'm certain it is mental illness induced by BITOG addiction LOL.

I had a dream a few nights back about a bird-size moth who spoke in tounges as it morphed into the very face of Sa tan. No joke, and it was as real as day. Fascinating stuff.

Last edited:
I don't recall ever having an "organized" dream. By that I mean one where I'm fully in control of what I'm doing. I can't pause and contemplate this or that. I'm usually engaged in a scenario in progress. I'm viewing it first person and as a spectator. While I'm surely not "conscious" of it, the recollection (I don't know about you, but the only dreams I remember are the ones that I wake up in - they happen every 45 minutes or so) would be called anything but "real". I would never describe it as "real" even accounting for its surreal nature. I don't feel like I'm walking down a sidewalk and see Mothra with a face of the deevil. It would be collisions of fragmented and fractured scene cuts that may not even appear related.

Altered States came very close to depicting my dreams. Not for the topic matter, but for the chaos.

A few months ago I had a dream that had a typical, mediocre Clive Cussler action story. It involved a few Candians I know, speedboats, a boathouse, a chase, airplanes, and a train full of ninja assassins.

During the chase, did you drive a museum quality antique car and manage to destroy it? Was there at least one attractive woman? These are vitally necessary to achieve the full Cussler effect.

Last night I had the strangest dream....I sailed away to China, on a little row boat to find ya, and you said you had to get your laundry clean. Didn't want noone to hold ya, what does that mean?

LOL

I used to have dreams that I was driving up/down insanely steep grades, so much so that I would be sitting on the backrest of the seat and physics technically would not have allowed the car/truck to remain on that road, along with the severe sensation of rising or falling. Very weird.

I have been having another dream for 2-3 years now...in real life, I had lost my dream job over an "argument" with the owner's daughter (it was a family-run business, her dad was out of town and in her hung-over stupor she fired me because she wanted to take over the company, fearing that I would become HER boss soon). I loved this job, and it really really affected me to lose it, especially this way and for no reason. This dream involves very pleasant conversations and experiences where this girl and her dad both speak very highly of me and my work, and even apologize for the whole situation and the years of fallout from it. I wake up happy, but then get very sad because I miss the job terribly. Still makes Solo2driver very sad
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

Quote:
Still makes Solo2driver very sad
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

I does kinda give meaning to Spock's words:

Happiness is pretty flowers ..that smell bad.

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
During the chase, did you drive a museum quality antique car and manage to destroy it? Was there at least one attractive woman? These are vitally necessary to achieve the full Cussler effect.

The boat was a vintage Chris-Craft runabout and the women were all wearing nothing but tiny bikini bottoms. I also had a stumpy sidekick without arms!

I had a dream just last night. It was odd. Just this past week my wife told me she was by my old house I sold about 2 years ago. It was "winterized" leading us to speculate it was foreclosed by the bank.

So last night I had a dream about touring the home, like an open house or showing by a real estate agent, but it was all different inside. They had remodeled and the kitchen was bigger, ditto the living room, but no longer had a dining room. The bedrooms were different as well. The interior walls were replaced with glass so the parents could seek the children's bedrooms. One child had a Corvette Z06 hollowed out to make a bed. (I told you it was strange.)

When I left, I came across a first generation VW Beetle I had driven earlier in the dream that stopped running, so I left it on the street. So I stopped my car and pushed it down the driveway on the side of the road. Since the driveway was downhill, I tried to bump start it and it started. So I was looking for a place to park, saw a repair shop at the end of the driveway and was debating if I should have them look at the car.

My alarm went off, so I can't tell you what happens next.

Just seems like odd stuff. I remember maybe one dream every two or three months. It just so happens I recall this one from last night/this morning.

As a child, I had a recurring dream about driving a 1970's Ford pickup truck off a cliff. I live in a relatively flat area and have never owned a pickup, so it's odd I would have that dream.

I would always wake up before the truck crashed at the bottom of the cliff.

That's about all I remember ao

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back