Anyone have experience replacing zipper slider on a suitcase?

Owen Lucas

$100 Site Donor 2023
Got back from Vegas recently only to find the small upper pocket zipper slider completely missing on my Samsonite XV 29" Spinner. It must have been ripped off during handling somewhere. Oddly, the pocket was 70% zippered.

Option 1. The suitcase has a 10 year Samsonite warranty but I'd have to travel 50 miles to an authorized outlet store and spend $20+ to ship the bag in for a warranty repair which might not be covered due to airport handling.

Option 2. Buy a zipper repair kit. Looks like it snaps on, almost too easy. Does anyone have experience with these kits or zipper slider replacement?

Zipper Repair Kit.jpg

Warranty repair. dont mention airport.. no need to know.

Yeah I went to put it in my car and it was missing. (the truth)

Update:

I tried the "Zlideon" zipper repair kit, it worked but the slider has a sharp protrusion that can easily get caught on another suitcase or belt and is more jagged than a normal zipper. The kit is too fragile for a suitcase IMHO and pressure of other bags on the zipper assembly might cause it to break open (it has a hinge that allows it to snap onto zippers) and fall off. It's great for a seldom used application otherwise.

What worked for me was a $12 amazon zipper assortment kit.

All I did was cut the zipper, slide on 2 zipper cars, and then secure the open ends of the zipper. Should have done this in the 1st place, much easier than I thought.

Zipper Repair 1.jpg

Zipper Repair 2.jpg

Back