Anyone have a HF Daytona jack?

Back when we had sedans I bought 3 of the aluminum jacks to put in the trunk … don’t really use them now because I’m gonna roll out Big Red !

I do want a Daytona jack but my Pittsburgh 3-ton works fine so I can't justify it. With my G35, I have to drive it up on wooden ramps in order to reach the jack point in the front that I could avoid with their low-profile, long-reach model.... That said, two Discount Tire locations I've been to use them. They obviously gets TONs (no pun intended) of use on a daily basis and they look well-worn, suggesting they don't have to replace them every few weeks or months.

Not myself but a good number of my buddies have the HF jacks of a variety of their brands(Pittsburg, Daytona) and use the heck out of them with great success.

i seriously can’t remember the last time i saw a non daytona jack in the field, they spread like cockroaches

if you have a snap on jack you will get viciously bullied. it’s well known they’re made in same factory

Last edited:
i seriously can’t remember the last time i saw a non daytona jack in the field, they spread like cockroaches

if you have a snap on jack you will get viciously bullied. it’s well known they’re made in same factory

I think HF has gotten their jacks from Changshu Tongrun for a long time, even back to their Central Hydraulics time.

Last edited:
I've got the Pittsburgh 3 ton, going on 6 years now of home use. No issues, doesn't leak a drop, doesn't bleed down. Has definitely put it's share of heavy German junk up on jack stan

I've got the Pittsburgh 3 ton, going on 6 years now of home use. No issues, doesn't leak a drop, doesn't bleed down. Has definitely put it's share of heavy German junk up on jack stands 🤣
have the same jack going on 3 years , no problems with it at all

I've got the Pittsburgh 3 ton, going on 6 years now of home use. No issues, doesn't leak a drop, doesn't bleed down. Has definitely put it's share of heavy German junk up on jack stands 🤣

I too have the low profile Pittsburgh 3 ton, although I haven't lifted any German stuff with it. Its mostly been "Jap-scrap" and a rusted out Chrysler/Mitsubishi :ROFLMAO:

That said, it's almost identical to the Daytona at a lower cost. I'd buy another one in a hearbeat!

I too have the low profile Pittsburgh 3 ton, although I haven't lifted any German stuff with it. Its mostly been "Jap-scrap" and a rusted out Chrysler/Mitsubishi :ROFLMAO:

That said, it's almost identical to the Daytona at a lower cost. I'd buy another one in a hearbeat!
Do they sell side-by-side? I was under the impression that they just rebranded and repainted the Pittsburgh jacks as Daytona.

Do they sell side-by-side? I was under the impression that they just rebranded and repainted the Pittsburgh jacks as Daytona.
No, they're visually different. In some ways, the Daytona jack's base or main body kinda looks like the side profile of a car (to me).

IMHO, it is the Daytona “super duty” version that is advertised most differently from the rest because of the upgraded hydraulic seals, magnet filtration, and the 3 year warranty. I’d lump the remainder of the Daytonas and Pittsburghs together and only differentiate them by price, lift height, and frame shape/sizes.

If I'm not mistaken, they went to the manufacturer that Snap On uses, found out there was no "exclusivity", and had these guys make them for Harbor Freight. They aren't knock-offs, they are the exact same units.
There is a long Garage Journal thread on these. They aren't exactly the same, but hardly different enough to justify the dramatic price difference.

Mostly that the Snap-On hydraulic seals are better to begin with and serviceable, where the Daytona are not, if I recall correctly.

Back