Anyone have a HF Daytona jack?

Anyone have one? I’m looking at the 4 ton model because I do work on 3/4 and 1 ton trucks sometimes and would rather have too much jack than not enough for those cases.

I have a jack identical to the HF 3 ton and use it on my 3/4 ton Suburban that weighs 6,700 lbs. The biggest lift I’ve done is 1/2 of my son’s pickup at the crossmember at the front. That’s a lift of over 50% of the weight of the 6,500 lb pickup, so about 3,500 lbs. A 3 ton jack’s capacity is 3 x 2,000 = 6,000 lbs. Remember, you aren’t picking the entire weight of the truck, usually just one quarter or at most just over 1/2. A four ton jack is total overkill. There is also a large safety factor in that 3 ton jack.

As soon as it’s lifted you need to put in jack stands and not rely on the jack when getting underneath. Hope that makes sense. :)

Here is the biggest lift I did. Front end of a 1/2 ton 4 door pickup. Probably just over 3,500 lbs using the 6000 lb ( 3 ton) jack. You can see one black coloured stand and one red coloured stand. There is also a third stand in front that I was about to place. Go Bluejays. PS, I edited some weights. That dang Burb is 6,700 lbs.

01A242DE-90E1-4880-95F9-1453968D61E3.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a jack identical to the HF 3 ton and use it on my 3/4 ton Suburban that weighs 6000 lbs. The biggest lift I’ve done is 1/2 of my son’s pickup at the crossmember at the front. That’s a lift of 50% of the weight of the 5500 lb pickup, so about 2750 lbs. A 3 ton jack is 3 x 2000 = 6000 lbs. Remember, you aren’t picking the entire weight of the truck, usually just one quarter or at most 1/2. A four ton jack is total overkill. There is also a large safety factor in that 3 ton jack.
As soon as it’s lifted you need to put in jack stands and not rely on the jack when getting underneath. Hope that makes sense. :)
Thanks I just wasn’t sure how good it would lift the front of a diesel pickup if I could get the entire front end up with just the one jack. I defiantly use jack stands I’ve saw hydraulics malfunction before and defiantly wouldn’t rely on them.

Yep have had mine about 2 years or so maybe longer. Love it. That’s all we use at work as well I think we have at least 5 of them that I can think of there. No complaints from me on it. Very heavy though. Just be careful and don’t drop it on your foot like my dad did trying to get off the piece that keeps it from moving in the package.

Back