Anyone have a Chromebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
how is the chromebook OS at virus protection? I'm really sick of window viruses. Macs are nice but pricey. Linux, my wife would not use it. she's an avid chrome and gmail user though. i'm thinking chromebook would be the perfect device for her. Her laptop is on it's second virus in less than six months, really time consuming for me to deal with it.

The virus software on my wife's computer(3year old Lenono U460) expired 3 months after trial ended. I was amazed after 3+yrs to not found any virus using a Norton from xfinity(free to xfinity internet users) and Malware bytes. She uses with Firefox/yahoo mail/google docs and just Picassa application for pictures.

So we can thank Google for hastening the mass production of malware that targets Linux?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Chromebook A-V protection is due to a single factor: it's running Linux. No Windows viruses possible.

What about Linux viruses?

Not worried about Linux viruses.

Heck, you all need to be fully aware of this nasty NASTY virus on the loose now:

Cryptolocker
Go to the Security Now podcast at http://twit.tv/sn listen to podcast 427, the latest one as of today, fast forward to the 39:10 mark, then listen from there. Well worth 13 minutes of your time.

Of course, this beast will only on Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back