Anyone has Carfax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just having an itch to really go and see a 1st Gen TSX and probably buy it.

Anyone here has access to Carfax or Autocheck, please?

Thanks for the help
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by The_Nuke
MyCARFAX app will give you the vehicle's service history for free

Does that include accidents?

I get Carfax from my Geico app but I just see service.

a CarFax is ONLY as good as the information reported to it by owners-sometimes or dealers-sellers usually.

Originally Posted by benjy
a CarFax is ONLY as good as the information reported to it by owners-sometimes or dealers-sellers usually.

Don't forget the millions each state's DMV makes by selling the info on your car to Carfax.

Originally Posted by Donald

Does that include accidents?

I get Carfax from my Geico app but I just see service.

If the vehicle was repaired at a body shop that submitted the service to CarFax you will see the entry and know some body work was done and thus an accident is possible.

That's pretty good for free. Extra will cost money, obviously.

Thank you, for that I do I have to sign up? Or download an app on the phone?

Originally Posted by maverickfhs

Download and install the myCARFAX app (not regular carfax app), then you may have to create an account to log in, but it only requires an email address to get it, then log in to the app.

Once in the app, add the vehicle you want to look at to your Garage by its VIN number. Then click the History tab (or is it Service? One or the other, doesn't have both)

Download and install the myCARFAX app (not regular carfax app), then you may have to create an account to log in, but it only requires an email address to get it, then log in to the app.

Once in the app, add the vehicle you want to look at to your Garage by its VIN number. Then click the History tab (or is it Service? One or the other, doesn't have both)

Thanks a lot man
thumbsup2.gif

Got it whatever I was after and it's very helpful
thumbsup2.gif

Thanks a lot man
thumbsup2.gif

Got it whatever I was after and it's very helpful
thumbsup2.gif

FYI it allows you to self-report service using DIY as location where work was done. That's nice for keeping track of what you did to a car and when as it pertains to maintenance events over time.

Carfax and Autocheck seem to use different databases. A car I bought showed no accidents on carfax but it was in Autocheck. It was even fixed at the dealer but carfax didn't show it at all. Sometimes you can find cheap ones on eBay or Amazon, but they seem to be pretty diligent about deleting the cheap sub $10 ones.

Yeah eBay is a hit and miss for $5 or so ones. But this utility is definitely nifty and a good start, thank you @the_nuke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back