Anyone going to Costco?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone is going to Costco and doesnt mind to help me out, can someone tell me the price on a group 35 car battery? Im wondering if the price they list, if that includes the Core fee? or if they only charge the amount for the battery and tax? The reason I ask, is that Im going to check out my local Canadian Costco store to see how much they charge for a car battery, and since Im going to be in the USA tomorrow evening, I will wait to buy it there, if a better price. Thanks! No info on the Costco site regarding battery prices and/or the CCA rating of their batteries.. My OEM had I believe 550 CCA.

Last edited:
In completely unrelated news, Alexander Graham Bell patented the telephone in 1876.
45.gif

Originally Posted By: tinmanSC
In completely unrelated news, Alexander Graham Bell patented the telephone in 1876.
45.gif

Good point!!

Most stores in the US have a core charge that is lifted when you bring in your old battery. Another words, the price on the website assumes you turn in your old battery. Otherwise, it'll be more.

In Kansas City area, cost is $75. 640 CCA. It is an Interstate branded battery now. 42 mos free replacement. $15 core charge applies if you don't bring in an old battery.

Originally Posted By: JayhawkRoy
In Kansas City area, cost is $75. 640 CCA. It is an Interstate branded battery now. 42 mos free replacement. $15 core charge applies if you don't bring in an old battery.

Thank you! Interstate... hmmm.. does that mean made by Exide?

My understanding is Johnson Controls remains the manufacturer. I was told by the tire service manager that only the label changed to Interstate. I think there is a previous thread from a couple of months ago indicating the change from Kirkland (Johnson Controls) to Interstate (also Johnson Controls).

Originally Posted By: Rolla07
45.gif

Good point!!

Seriously gentlemen, have your EVER tried calling costco and getting price on something?

Costco will not give out price on the phone.

My understanding is Johnson Controls remains the manufacturer. I was told by the tire service manager that only the label changed to Interstate. I think there is a previous thread from a couple of months ago indicating the change from Kirkland (Johnson Controls) to Interstate (also Johnson Controls).

On my previous visits it clearly said Johnson Controls right on the battery, but my most recent visit, I could not find it written on it..

Originally Posted By: stockrex
Originally Posted By: Rolla07
45.gif

Good point!!

Seriously gentlemen, have your EVER tried calling costco and getting price on something?

Costco will not give out price on the phone.

I didnt think they would walk all the way over to the automotive section and tell me...

Last question, I can change the battery myself I realize its not difficult, but do you think a mechanic from the auto area would install it for free anyways or no?

I have had very good luck with "blemished or factory seconds" at the local industrial battery dealer. I really can't say they are not as good as new. They simply have no label. Usually $50 out the door. Sometimes they will install for free.

Most large cities have battery dealers. I would search the net and give them a call. Not normally open on weekends.

My Costco's all have separate tire/battery centers, and separate phone numbers. The effort to give me the info over the phone was minimal.

Ive never had a costco card but sometimes just wander in and say I want to look around. Usually if the cafe is inside you can eat there without a card, then just browse.

My Costco's all have separate tire/battery centers, and separate phone numbers. The effort to give me the info over the phone was minimal.

In the past, I've called the Costco tire center for a price on a battery, and they have given it to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back