Anyone ever bend their own exhaust with this?

Instead of paying some knuckle dragger down at the muffier shop a week"s pay I'm thinking about fabricating my own dual exhaust for my Cadillac CTS 3.0. There is no axle hoop to bend as the pipe on these cars go under between the diff pumpkin and CV joint. Going to use mild steel 2.5 inch tubing as the stainless steel mini Flowmaster type resonators will hide the pipes. Anyhow anyone ever use this bender?

https://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS/555/81523/10002/-1

555-81523.jpg

Last edited:
"Produces bends in strip up to 2" wide and in round and square stock up to 5/8" "

I don't think this is meant to bend exhaust tubing. Just small round and square stock.

Never used one. I'm sure you'll need to practice as well before perfecting the bends. What is the price difference of buying lengths of straight pipe and bending yourself versus buying some precut bends and welding them up yourself?

Originally Posted by IMSA_Racing_Fan
I don't have a welder so plan to use clamps

The $89 120V HF flux wire welder is actually okay at welding exhaust pipe, with practice, and Lincoln brand wire. You can pre-weld some of the bends before you put it on the car, which is easier.

Others could do better, but I got it to not leak, and it doesn't look like it's dragging on the ground like every other 97-01 camry. $50 in parts for a cat-back system... couple bends, 10 feet of 2.25" tubing, and a Thrush Turbo muffler.

[Linked Image]

Looks good man.ðŸ‘. Will think again about a cheap welder, will come in handy in the future. I heard bad things about the sub-$100 welders so put that idea aside.

No happening with that!

Originally Posted by Jegs Q&A

· 3 years ago
Would this bend roll cage .095 tubing?

♂

· 3 years ago

This bender is for copper, brass, and aluminum tubing.
0 people found this answer helpful. 1 person did not find this answer helpful.

Helpful?

♂
· 3 years ago
does this bender work good for exhaust pipe

♂

· 3 years ago

No, this is not recommended for exhaust tubing.

My "knuckle dragger" had a hydraulic mandrel tubing bender.
He'd go to a master book of exhaust specs and find your car.
He'd then get the right sized tubing from his rack, lay it on roller low boys (horses) and start bending and rotating.
He could do this whilst talking to you.
He'd have to make one or two touch-up bends.

He closed his exhaust shop and went to medical school as he always said he would.

I'd like a pint of his blood in my veins.

Back