Anyone else have this kind of luck?

We drove a couple hrs to an antique truck show. I park,get out of the car and I see this. I poured soda on it and it didn't bubble so I left it alone.

Of course I worried about coming out to a flat tire all day.

IMG_20230506_111936191.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I picked up a nail in the Model 3 Continental tire, about 1" from the sidewall. Less than 10K... I pulled the wheel and took it to Wheel Works (Firestone) where I have bought a bazillion tires. The would not patch it; $410 for 1 tire... Sheesh.

Plug that bad boy yourself. Too easy. I've done 2 recently with the cheapy repair kit.

I agree on the plug. Use new glue - I think that is the key.
Yep - every spring I buy fresh plugs & glue and keep the same plugging tools … have plugged many of my own and other folks - even a guy stuck in mud who punched a tire with a pier board trying to get free … 😵‍💫 (plugged before pulling him out) …

Yep - every spring I buy fresh plugs & glue and keep the same plugging tools … have plugged many of my own and other folks - even a guy stuck in mud who punched a tire with a pier board trying to get free … 😵‍💫 (plugged before pulling him out) …
What tools / plug do you use. I have only used the simple Slime rope $5 kit.

I can't remember the last time I had a tire shop fix a flat. I keep plugs and glue on hand. I believe I have patched 20 or 25. When I was maintaining 4 cars it seems that at least twice a month somebody had a flat.

I made a left into a slow lane and picked up a noisy bolt puncture. Had to pull it out because of the noise, then find an open tire store to buy a new tire.

This week it’s been dodge the pothole in the road week. So many potholes this year.

I made a left into a slow lane and picked up a noisy bolt puncture. Had to pull it out because of the noise, then find an open tire store to buy a new tire.

This week it’s been dodge the pothole in the road week. So many potholes this year.
yeah... My GF Lost 2 of her hubcaps/plastic Wheel covers to 1 pothole a week or so ago... granted, those 2 had a tendency to come a bit loose on their own..

so she popped the other 2 off and is rocking the bare steelies on her mirage. Luckily the new tires we put on in Nov. weren't damaged.

I pulled it out and plugged it. It was a short roof nail I believe. Only about .750 long but long enough to go all the way through the tire.

Seems like every time we go somewhere we pick up a nail in a tire

Back