Anyone else fed up with today's country music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a country music fan to begin with, but I agree with the sentiments that music is going downhill, and fast.

With that said, I was at the Fleetwood Mac concert last night in Columbus. If you want to see a band that, while old at this point, still knows how to make music, do not hesitate to go see this show. Christine McVie is back, Buckingham is a powerhouse on guitar, and all the vocals are still there.

Run, don't walk, to go see this concert.

I like it all. However, for more of the old school feel, try some Rodney Atkins or Josh Turner. [censored], last I checked Merle Haggard was singing about drinking, kicking out footlights, drinking, women in faded jeans, drinking, etc all through the 70s and 80's. Also, Justin Moore is my favorite new artist, "Small Town USA", "Country Radio", "If Heaven Wasnt So Far Away", "Grandpa", etc, great stories. Good country is out there..

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
I've said for years country was the last pop music type left where the artists generally were good-looking -- and some gorgeous, like Faith Hill -- and tried to look their best on stage. And where you could still understand every word they sang.

And Sara Evans (my personal favourite), Shania Twain, Martina McBride...etc. There have been quite a few "lookers" in Country music.

I gave up on country years ago, all it seemed to be was drinking, partying at honkeytonks and chasing women in no particular order.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Originally Posted By: 04SE
the only sanity I have is NPR.

Check out Michael Savage on WLS 890 AM he is on later in the evenings. Good dialogue , and says it like it is.
When do you typically drive?

Savage is the man!
01.gif

My TV went out on me a couple of weeks ago so I've been getting my fill of both Savage and Levin. Savage gets a little full of himself at times, but for the most part, it's good listening.

Everyone says this about all music! Eventually we all do not like change and say such things how things were. However the reality is people at our age/state of mind probably said the SAME exact thing when you loved the music.

Originally Posted By: thunderfog
I'm not a country music fan to begin with, but I agree with the sentiments that music is going downhill, and fast.

With that said, I was at the Fleetwood Mac concert last night in Columbus. If you want to see a band that, while old at this point, still knows how to make music, do not hesitate to go see this show. Christine McVie is back, Buckingham is a powerhouse on guitar, and all the vocals are still there.

Run, don't walk, to go see this concert.

Lindsey Buckingham is AWESOME!!

I love the new/current country music,but it's got to be the "underground" type bands. Stuff that's so good the mainstream record labels will never pick them up because their music will never please the mainstream robots.

I'm not really a country fan, I'll listen to it a little bit, but I find it irritating how everyone suddenly "acts" country now. In high school I worked on a farm. Long days of hard work and hot sun, but I ended up enjoying it.

Now it seems everyone I know is "country". They all have jacked up trucks, wear cowboy hats, spit tobacco and drink/party non-stop. I just have to laugh when they get out of their brand new trucks with shiny work boots. Sure, I have some of those same work boots at home, but they are anything but shiny. They actually have dirt on them from doing work.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: 95busa
[censored], last I checked Merle Haggard was singing about drinking, kicking out footlights, drinking, women in faded jeans, drinking, etc all through the 70s and 80's.

But was he drinking beer in a new jacked up Chevy truck? Was he like OMG, this is my song, derp derp derp derpa all night long? Was he turnin' up drinkin' shine on a tailgate with a pretty lil derp?

Merle is missing some elements of successful kuntry-pop...
1. Beer ON tailgate/other open containers in vehicle
2. Turnin' up
3. Girl drankin' fruity kinda drank
4. Jacked up Chevy with lift kit
5. Small town

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
Originally Posted By: 95busa
[censored], last I checked Merle Haggard was singing about drinking, kicking out footlights, drinking, women in faded jeans, drinking, etc all through the 70s and 80's.

But was he drinking beer in a new jacked up Chevy truck? Was he like OMG, this is my song, derp derp derp derpa all night long? Was he turnin' up drinkin' shine on a tailgate with a pretty lil derp?

Merle is missing some elements of successful kuntry-pop...
1. Beer ON tailgate/other open containers in vehicle
2. Turnin' up
3. Girl drankin' fruity kinda drank
4. Jacked up Chevy with lift kit
5. Small town

chevy.JPG

LOL

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I've said for years country was the last pop music type left where the artists generally were good-looking -- and some gorgeous, like Faith Hill -- and tried to look their best on stage. And where you could still understand every word they sang.

And Sara Evans (my personal favourite), Shania Twain, Martina McBride...etc. There have been quite a few "lookers" in Country music.
Partial to brunettes are you?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx

smile.gif

Very, LOL
smile.gif

smile.gif

Very, LOL
smile.gif

Haha, so am I!

Haha, so am I!

I think we need to get together for beers to discuss
grin.gif

Creemore Springs Premium Lager for me
wink.gif

Haha, so am I!

grin.gif

wink.gif

You are like 2hrs from me. So if you want to come out shooting, let me know
smile.gif

Haha, so am I!

grin.gif

wink.gif

You are like 2hrs from me. So if you want to come out shooting, let me know
smile.gif

Sure, sounds good to me! With the weather we have been having, it will probably be a while lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back