Anyone else fed up with today's country music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This hip hop country music is horrible. I admit that by hip-hop standards it is probably good music. However, I want the country music I grew up to in the early 1990s back.

I want a tear in my beer, a broken juke box and a broken heart in my music.

I can barely stand to turn my radio on anymore while driving. If I do the only sanity I have is NPR.

Originally Posted By: 04SE
This hip hop country music is horrible. I admit that by hip-hop standards it is probably good music. However, I want the country music I grew up to in the early 1990s back.

I want a tear in my beer, a broken juke box and a broken heart in my music.

I can barely stand to turn my radio on anymore while driving. If I do the only sanity I have is NPR.

The thing about music is its always evolving. Just because you enjoy '90s music doesn't mean its any better then it is today. I enjoy the early '50s and '70s country. To me thoses are the most popular times.

Agreed, it does change. I'm proud to say I survived the 70's disco fad. That was some really bad music.....disco clubs popped up everywhere, even in Michigan's upper peninsula! Disco and flannel just didn't work.

Here ya go O4SE. If this doesn't sooth your soul, nothing will. I was fortunate to see him twice in concert.

the only sanity I have is NPR.

Check out Michael Savage on WLS 890 AM he is on later in the evenings. Good dialogue , and says it like it is.
When do you typically drive?

Agreed, all the newer country is about I got a bigger truck then you and I drink/party harder then you. Not very many good stories anymore.I agree the hip hop/country is garbage.

While it's a matter of personal perspective; I will certainly agree that the majority of new country is terrible. It appears to be geared towards a teenage to early twenties (largely female) audience.

As far as I'm concerned there is no substitute for Alan Jackson, George strait, Randy Travis, Alabama etc.. I'm pretty much finished with terrestrial radio stations in general, I do my listening on satellite where I have better selection.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
the only sanity I have is NPR.

Check out Michael Savage on WLS 890 AM he is on later in the evenings. Good dialogue , and says it like it is.
When do you typically drive?

Savage is the man!
01.gif

I don't typically listen to country anymore. Used to a lot. But now I mainly stick with Pop/Rock/German Rock/Alternative/J-Pop/J-Rock/K-pop

We used to listen to a lot of country when I was a kid. And I have definitely noticed a change from Montgomery Gentry and George Strait, to what currently passes as "country". Doesn't mean it's bad. It's not really my thing anymore anyway. But I can see how some would miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back