Anybody rotate your own tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! I have 8 Jack stands handy and two jacks and a lift but even with just one jack and two jack stands you can rotate your tires yourself.Most guys just go front to back today seldom do you see people crossing right to left on most tires today. You also seldom see people rotating the spare into themix either.

I mount, balance, and rotate my own tires. Can't imagine paying someone to do it.

I suspect most aren't as lucky as I am to have access to the proper equipment, however.

This is how I do my front wheel drive cars, jacking up the car just three times. I place the floor jack under the subframe just slightly further back than the side view mirror. In this position, jacking raises both front and rear wheels on one side of my cars and I set two jack stands one on either side of the jack. I switch the front and back wheels and snug the rears with the 5 lugnuts. The front wheels I attach with just two lugnuts. Then I repeat the same procedure on the other side. Finally, I jack up the front of the car, set the stands, and switch the two front wheels this time attaching them with all the lugnuts. I put the car down, torque the lugnuts and am done. It gives the rotation pattern I prefer for front wheel drive: front to rear, rear to diagonal front.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back