Anybody hear about this oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPT Thirty-K oils.
MPT THITRY-K Oils Utilize 100% fully synthetic POE/PAO Base Oils.

MPT THIRTY-K, unlike virtually ALL other oil manufacturers of today, provides MSDS that give potential customers the necessary information to know that they are purchasing a motor oil with REAL Group V POE/GroupIV PAO base oils

MPT THIRTY-K OILS, unlike most oil manufacturers of today, provides you with MSDS that give customers the details of their TOP NOTCH ADDITIVE PACKAGE. You are given the PPMs for Zinc, Phosphorous and Moly. Very little information about these oils is proprietary.

THE BEST BASE OILS BALANCED WITH THE BEST ADDITIVES PRODUCE THE BEST OILS!

We believe that the MSDS sheets are particularly important in this era of Group III "synthetic oils" (for marketing purposes). Since the redefinition of synthetic oil in the year 2000 (by the BBB-NAD) to include Group III mineral oils as synthetic oils, it has become almost impossible to assess which oils are "real synthetic" API Group IV/Group V oils. The vast majority of oil manufacturers consider specification of base oil(s), additives, CAS#s, etc., to be PROPRIETARY!! Thus, MSDS sheets have become useful only to EMS and other medical professionals in the prescription of medical care; but, are basically useless to the oil buying public with respect to the blending and content of the specific oil. MPT THIRY-K is relatively unique in this respect, see for yourself! Try to find other oils that gives you the percentage of ESTER AND/OR PAO in their MSDS! MPT THIRTY-K oils possess a 100% FULLY=SYNTHETIC POE/ PAO base oil! The only non-synthetic oils are in the additive package carier oils.

To repeat, MPT Thirty-K oils’ performance attributes are largely a function of the best base oils possible. Nevertheless, MPT Thirty-K oils also contain the best additives possible. MPT Thirty-K oils are fully formulated with with significant levels of moly, zinc and phosphorous as well as a proprietary set of 21st century additives. And finaly, these MPT Thirty-K oil are WELL BALANCED oils with careful formulations of the base oils and additives. Again, we emphasize fully formulated and balances oils!

Shear Stability is a measure of whether and how much of the oil’s viscosity is lost in an engine during operation. Motor oils undergoe significant stresses in many parts of the engine. Virtually all multigrade engine oils made from mineral oil contain special additives, called Viscosity Index Improvers. These molecules are much larger in size than the oil molecules and are used to give higher levels of kinematic viscosity (cSt @ 100C) at engine operating temperatures that are required of multigrade oils. However, as these VIIs pass through the engine, some of these larger molecules are broken down(SHEARED) into smaller molecules and the oil thereby loses viscosity. Oils that do not contain these VIIs, such as single grade oils and these high quality MPT Thirty-K oils, will experience miniscule or no viscosity loss. The shear stability of an oil is measured by using both ASTM test methods D4683 and D5275. First, the viscosity of an engine oil is measured and then the oil is exposed to severe shearing conditions by pumping it through a diesel fuel injection nozzle at high pressure. After shearing the oil, its viscosity is measured again. The percentage of viscosity lost is determined by comparing the second viscosity measurement with the original viscosity measurement. The HTHS of an oil is a numeric measurement of the “non-shear” ability of an oil. The higher the number, the better.

The RACING OILS are intended for EXTREME DUTY OR RACING ONLY. They have lower levels of detergency e.g. calcium, magnesium and sodium. High levels of detergency in racing oils would be counterproductive because the detergents would “scavenge” the boundary lubricant additives. Note, the zinc/phosphorous and moly levels in these racing oils! SIMPLY PUT, THE BEST BASE OILS COUPLED WITH THE BEST ADDITIVES PRODUCE THE BEST OILS!
Finally, let us talk about cost. MPT Thirty-K oils are not cheap. They are relatively expensive oils. There is no group of products, better than motor oils to demonstrate the old adage “YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR”. It is far less costly to formulate a motor oil with Group II mineral oil and less expensive addtives and still meet API standards. One can also blend a motor oil with 5% group III mineral oils and 95% group II mineral oil with average additives and call it a synthetic oil! One can also formulate a 100% base oil group III oil with good additives and call it a fully synthetic oil. PAO (polyalpha lefin) oils are expensive and POE (polyol ester) base oils are very expensive. Its all about cost. $9.00 per quart oils are not synthetic oils with group IV and group V base oils. $10.50 per quart oils might be all PAO base oils or 2% POE and 98% PAO base oils. As the percentage of POE increases, in conjunction with fully formulated and balanced additives, you will start looking at $12.95 to $14.95 per quart. These MPT Thirty-K oils are of the latter type. But at $13.95 you are using the best oils available. While this might cost you $4.00/quart more than an average group III oil change, for a 6 quart oil change you are talking $24 more, which in my view is a small price to pay to ensure excellent performance and minimal engine wear in your expensive engines. And do not forget, these oils when combined with good oil filters like a Mobil 1 extended performance, K&N Gold, Bosch Distance Plus or Amsoil EAO oil filter will easily go 15,000 mile or more between oil changes. If your goal is to find “mediocre to good” oils at super sale prices with free oil filters, then this is not the place for you. Walmart, AutoZone, etc. have those types of oils and sales. MPT THIRTY-K oils are for those who want the best!

MPT Thirty-K 5W30 Full Synthetic Motor Oil

ASTM D445 -- V @ 40C, 73.2 cSt
ASTM D445 -- V @100C, 11.8 cSt
ASTM D2270 -- VI, 156
ASTM D92 -- Flash Point, 468F
ASTM D97 -- Pour Point, -39F
ASTM D2896-- TBN, 10.4
ASTM D874 Sulfated Ash, 1.19
Molybdenum............1106 ppm
Zinc...........................1150 ppm
Phosphorous.............1605 ppm
Calcium...................2400 ppm

MPT Thirty-K 5W40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil

ASTMD445 – V @ 40C, 99.3 cSt
ASTM D445 – V @ 100C 14.1 cSt
ASTM D2270 – VI, 149
ASTM D92 – Flash Point, 444F
ASTM D97 – Pour Point, -38F
ASTM D2896 – TBN, 10.8
ASTM D874 – Sulfated Ash, 1.14
Molybdenum – 570 ppm
Zinc – 1510 ppm
Phosphorous -- 1620 ppm
Calcium – 2600 ppm

MPT Thirty-K 10W40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil

ASTM D445 -- V @ 40C, 99.0 cSt
ASTM D445 – V @100C, 14.1 cSt
ASTM D92 – Flash Point, 463F
ASTM D97 – Pour Point, -38F
ASTM D2270 – VI, 146
ASTM D2896 – TBN, 10.37
Zinc – 1140 ppm
Molybdenum -- 1110 ppm
Phosphorous -- 1584 ppm
Calcium – 2769 ppm
ASTM D874 – Sulfated Ash 1.19

K. How long before this non sponsor gets his thread canned. How about less selling and more numbers. Looks like good stuff. High moly content and zddp. I assume it's not API approved but I gutted the cats on my truck and run true duals on the mustang anyways. Glad I read this

Yes I have and it can be found on Eurosyntheticoils.com. The gentleman there is very helpful and doesn't seem to be pushy about anything. I asked him about it and he said I really didn't need an oil like that for any of my vehicles. I was impressed with his honesty because I know I don't need an oil like this and my CAT would probably choke and die. This oil is not for too many newer vehicles.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
K. How long before this non sponsor gets his thread canned. How about less selling and more numbers. Looks like good stuff. High moly content and zddp. I assume it's not API approved but I gutted the cats on my truck and run true duals on the mustang anyways. Glad I read this

I see no advertising here.

What no 0W-XX grade!
I like the chemistry of these oils except they are using heavy base stock oils with no VII's. That's fine except the resulting VI is uncompetively low by modern standards. I for one, would
not pay a premium price any synthetic oil with a VI under 160.

Red Line Oil has similar chemistry, but grade for grade has higher natural VIs and is cheaper. Sorry but MPT Thirty-K is going to have to try harder.

Originally Posted By: CATERHAM
What no 0W-XX grade!

Here ya go:
MPT Thirty-K 0W-40 Full Synthetic Oil - Case of 6
MPT Thirty-K 0W-40: The maximum protection available for high performance applications and extended drain intervals up to 30,000 miles or one year in well maintained vehicles. Vehicles with motors subjected to severe conditions such as stop and go driving, frequent short trips, turbo/super chargers and high performance modifications can be run up to 15,000 miles or one year. Follow the manufacturers’ recommendations for oil filter changes.

Excellent ability to flow at extremely cold temperatures
Popular applications include VW/Audi, Porsche, Mercedes, and Chrysler
Recommended for API SM/SL/SJ/SH/SG/CF and ACEA A3/B3/B4

MPT Thirty-K 0W40 Full Synthetic Motor Oil

$86.99

It's interesting that they talk about full disclosure and HTHSV but they don't provide any HTHSV spec's.
Also while they provide some spec's for some grades there is nothing available for the 0W-40 grade.

Better look at Synmax on same website. It has much more additives and much lower price. And nice blue color
smile.gif
Got 2 cases(3 gallons each) on clearance for $75 total delivered . One case is 5w-30 other is 5w-50. Will do voa on both soon, to check do they lie about zinc and moly(DLA in their case) levels, and TBN.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: zyxelenator
Better look at Synmax on same website. It has much more additives and much lower price. And nice blue color
smile.gif
Got 2 cases(3 gallons each) on clearance for $75 total delivered . One case is 5w-30 other is 5w-50. Will do voa on both soon, to check do they lie about zinc and moly(DLA in their case) levels, and TBN.

There is even less PDS info on these oils than for MPT Thirty-K plus they contain at least 35-40% mineral oil according to their MSDS so I would categorize Synmax more of a synthetic blend hence the lower price.

It's interesting that they talk about full disclosure and HTHSV but they don't provide any HTHSV spec's.

Yep, that popped into my mind when I looked at the data in deven's second post.

Last edited:
I have personally spoken to the owner of this company, in person (he is also the area distributor for Red Line, and stocks the FULL/COMPLETE catalog of their products).

I know you HATE any oils without VI improvers*, CATERHAM (and you've even convinced me to do the same
wink.gif
), but as he has explained to me that is why his oil's VIs are so low, as he wanted to do the 0W-xx oils (especially his 0W-40, which NO ONE has ever done sucessfully so far, and is stretching the limits of known tribology tech) with NO VIIs whatsoever.
wink.gif

*Save for maybe RL's 0W-20??

Originally Posted By: Clevy

You gutted your cats, and are complaining about a supposed non-site sponsor----How does that make any kind of sense to you?

What are the spec's for their 0W-40 oil?

I'm suprised that site even lists prices and availability for these 0W-XX oils, as the last time I spoke to MPTs owner (~2 weeks ago), those oils were not out yet. (Mainly due to the afforementioned difficulties with producing a VII-free 0W-40, according to him.)
21.gif

I WILL ask him for the specs on his 0Ws the very next time I either speak to him, or go there for RL.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back